Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Week 21
Weekly Plan-Culture, Communication, Collaboration
Well, January flew by and we are ready for the whirlwind of February! Every day I am amazed at the growth I see in not only our students, but in the adults here at NA. Give yourself a pat on the back for tackling change head on this year including Morning Meetings, Check and Connect, Fit Bits, Envisions, Imagine Learning, PLCs, ST Math, new report cards, etc......
- Take about 5 minutes and read the RtI article at the end of this newsletter. I think it is a great refresher as we have passed the mid-year point of our PLC work. We are doing great work and I look forward to getting more of you trained in Minneapolis this summer.
- FAST testing is complete and we will spend all day on Monday in PLCs reviewing the data and regrouping and analyzing interventions and growth. It will be a day full of collaboration :)
- Thank you to the potluck committee for the Taco lunch on Monday! It was delicioso!
- Keep working on getting parent teacher conferences scheduled! I know it isn't easy, but we have lots to share and it is worth it!
- We have a new intern with us from St. Ambrose from 2:30-5:30 on M, W, and F. Her name is Karissa Alfred so please say hello if you see her! She is working with Rock It!
- We have a 27th student starting in 2A on Monday so have posted for a four hour para for that room.
- Our walkie talkies are back and programmed so please use them as a way to improve our communication across the building.
- Take some time next week to think about our school culture. What are you doing to make it better every day? Even adults need PBIS so take a minute and say thank you to a fellow co-worker(s). You never know how far a smile and warm greeting can go!
Monday February 1
7:45 Academic Data Team w/Ardie, Deb, Carrie, Jenni, Ellen, Jodi, Danielle
8:00 Parent meeting w/Becca, Amber, Ardie, Lisa
8:50 2nd grade Literacy PLC w/Patty, Adrianna, jenni, Carrie, Lisa, Jodi, Amber
10:50 4th grade Literacy PLC w/Kate, Debbie, Jenni, Carrie, Lisa, Jodi, Amber
12:20 1st grade Literacy PLC w/Bonnie, Michele, Jenni, Carrie, Lisa, Jodi, Amber
1:20 Kindergarten Literacy PLC w/Jessica, Kathy, Jenni, Carrie, Lisa, Jodi, Amber
2:20 5th grade Literacy PLC w/Scott, Becca, Jenni, Carrie, Lisa, Jodi, Amber
3:20 3rd grade Literacy PLC w/Erika, Becky, Jenni, Carrie, Lisa, Jodi, Amber
3:30 Behavior IEP w/Becca, Amber, Ardie/Deb, Lisa
Tuesday February 2
7:45 Behavior Data Team for Carrie, Jenni, Danielle, Ardie, Amber, Brooke
8:30 Weekly school-wide assembly
8-4 Judie Caroleo- 95% Coaching visit for K-5 teachers & MTSS
3:30 5th grade boys' intramural basketball game @ NA
Wednesday February 3
7:45 Academic IEP w/Becca, Ellen, Ardie/Deb, Lisa
10:00 5th Quarter meeting w/Becca, Jenni, and Bettendorf Park & Rec staff
Thursday February 4
9:00 Morning meetings recording w/Colleen
1:00 Weekly instructional coaches' meeting w/Jenni and Carrie
2:00 Monthly support staff meeting in conference room for all paras
2:30 Weekly 21CCLC meeting w/Becca and Jenni
Friday February 5
7:45 NA BLT meeting
9:00 Weekly school counselor meeting w/Danielle
10:30 Weekly school office meeting
1:30 Elementary Principals' meeting
Nurse's traffic- please think about who you send in between 11:45-12:45. It is super busy every day so if it can wait, please wait.
FAST testing complete! Thank you to our SWAT team for FAST testing and for all of you for being flexible!
WRAP has started! We have BHS Spanish students here on Tuesday and Thursday providing enrichment Spanish to our Rock-It children!