HPMS Family Bulletin
- Harbour Pointe Office Hours 7:30am-4:00pm
- Doors open for students at 7:35am
- Office phone: 425-366-5100
- School Hours - Monday-Thursday - 8:05am-2:45pm, LIT Fridays - 8:05am-1:30pm
- Attendance phone number is (425) 366-5105 or email HPattendance@mukilteo.wednet.edu
The HPMS Family Bulletin is available in multiple languages. The "Translate" function can be found at the top of this webpage.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
MONDAY, OCTOBER 2
- Cooking Club A, 2:50-3:50, N108
- Drawing Club, 2:50-3:50, W102
- Minecraft Club, 2:50-3:50, W203
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3
- Game Club, 2:50-3:50, N104
- Student Faith & Fellowship Club, 2:50-3:50, N211
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4
- Crochet & Knitting Club, 2:50-3:50, N208
- Drama Club, 2:50-3:50, Commons
- Guitar Club, 2:50-3:50, W202
- Football: HP @ Evergreen Middle School, 3:45
- Softball: HP vs Heatherwood Middle School, 3:45, HP Field
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5
- Picture Retake Day
- 7th Grade ASB Meeting, during lunch
- 6th Grade ASB Meeting, 2:50-3:50, N205
- Neurodiversity Club, 2:50-3:50, W209 - Cancelled this week
- QSA Club, 2:50-3:50, N202
- Social Justice Club, 2:50-3:50, W105
- Cross Country: HP @ Heatherwood & Eisenhower Middle Schools, 3:45
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6
- LIT Day, Dismissal, 1:30
Reminder: The HP School Library is open after school Monday-Thursday, 2:45-4:00.
IMPORTANT DATES - LOOKING AHEAD!
- 9 - 23: ASB Fundraiser
- 9: Softball: HP vs North Middle School, 3:45, HP Field
- 10: Cross Country: HP @ Kellogg Middle School, 3:45, Hamlin Park
- 11: Football: HP vs Explorer Middle School, 3:45, HP Field
- 11: Softball: HP @ Gateway Middle School, 3:45
- 12: NJHS Meeting, 2:50-3:50, Commons
- 16: Softball: HP @ Eisenhower Middle School, 3:45
- 17: HP PTO Meeting, 7:00pm, Library
- 18: Football: HP @ Voyager Middle School, 3:45
- 18: Softball: HP vs Explorer Middle School, 3:45, HP Field
- 19: Cross Country: HP @ Voyager Middle School, 3:45
- 20: Staff Work Day - No School for Students
- 23: Softball: HP vs Voyager, 3:45, HP Field
- 25: Cross Country: Sno-King Championship Meet, 3:45, Shoreline Stadium
- 25: Football: HP vs Sultan Middle School, 3:45, HP Field
- 25: Softball: HP @ Olympic View Middle School, 3:45
- 27: Hawk Swap during lunches
HARBOUR POINTE MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL FUNDRAISER IS COMING SOON!
Dear Harbour Pointe families,
Our ASB Fall Fundraiser is right around the corner! Packets will come home with all students on October 9th. We’ll be selling Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Dough, Gourmet Frozen Foods, Wrapping Paper, Gifts, Gourmet Chocolates and Confections and much more! The money raised will be used to support after school programs and clubs throughout the school year for our students. With your support, we’re sure to reach our goal! Thank you!
MORNING DROP-OFF BECOMING A SAFETY CONCERN!
As a reminder, our school opens at 7:35A for students. If you are choosing to arrive via car to HPMS before 7:35A, you must DROP (your student) AND GO in the back parking lot. There shall be no waiting in line for the doors to open. The line of cars prior to 7:35A is creating a safety issue. Parents who are trying to drop off and staff members who need to park are not able to do so safely because the line-up of cars. This becomes a dangerous situation when we have vehicles trying to pass on the left. If you aren’t comfortable with the “drop and go” you will need to arrive after 7:35A.
We appreciate your partnership so we can maintain a safe environment for students, staff and parents.
OPERATION SCHOOL BELL
Clothing Resource via the Assistance League of Everett
Operation School Bell provides clothing to students who demonstrate financial need and attend schools in Snohomish County. If you would like to refer a student or want more info about the OSB program please contact the Student Support Advocate, Raylin Lucey via email or the online form. firstname.lastname@example.org or Resources and Support Referral Form
VETERANS DAY ASSEMBLY
To our veterans,
This year, NJHS would love to include our HP veteran families’ military experiences in a montage video shown during our Veterans Day assembly this year. There are five questions that you will be able to respond to, but we only need to answer one of the five. Please click on the link below to view the Veterans Day Assembly Flip page, and then you can select the question you would like to give your reply. The response can be a maximum of two minutes in order to allow for more veterans to contribute. We truly hope you will help us celebrate you on this very special day. Thank you for your service!
STUDENT CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
HP offers a variety of clubs. Click on the link to find out more information!
Athletics and Clubs / Clubs | Home
Welcome to Harbour Pointe Clubs! Here you will find information regarding our club activities: SPORTS CLUB: A variety of sports will be offered throughout the year for all students. Activities include rollerblading, table tennis, soccer, football, basketball, ultimate, and swimming. Sports Club will meet on Mondays from 2:50-3:50.
SCHOOL PICTURES BY DORIAN
Picture Re-take/ Make Up Day is October 5
If you would like to order pictures, please scan the QR code or visit mydorian.com, search for Harbour Pointe Middle School, and click on the green Order button.
If you would like a retake, and have already purchased a picture packet, please send the pictures you do not want on October 5. The photographers will take them. There will be no retake for students' IDs.
ATHLETES OF THE WEEK
HP Coaches select "Athletes of the Week" based on student-athletes demonstrating the following attributes on and off the field:
- Hard working
- Demonstrates Leadership
- Team commitment
- Positive attitude
- Helps make their teammates better players
Week of 9/18:
Evelyn Boudin – Softball
Ezra Wundrow – Cross Country
Grace Gilson – Cross Country
Week of 9/25:
Colin Hickey –Cross Country
Nadia Rodriguez –Cross Country
Nic Cipriano - Football
GUIDELINES AND EXPECTATIONS FOR HPMS HOME GAME ATTENDANCE
Please help us remind students the following guidelines and expectations for Home Games:
- Rides home must be prearranged before attending the game
- Once student enters the gym, they must remain in the gym until a ride home arrives or the game is over
- Students must remain seated in the bleachers during the game unless attending to personal needs
- There is no food or drinks in the gym
- Always remember positive cheering for all. Go Hawks!
- Parents, if you're coming to the game, please park in the back parking lot and enter through the rear doors. Game entrance (back doors) will be open at 3:30PM. The front entrance to school will be locked.
- Questions, please call school at 425-366-5100.
SIGN UP FOR 2023-24 ATHLETICS!!!
How do I sign my HP student up for sports?
1. Register Online
- complete the online registration in Final Forms
2. Sports Physical
- Submit a sports physical (good for 2 years)
3. ASB Card
- Purchase an ASB card ($15)
HP Season 1 Sports Information
- Coaches: Bryan Stelling and Bob Simon
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-5:00 PM
- Practice Monday-Friday 3:00-5:00 PM
- 7th & 8th graders, no cut sport
- Coaches: Ann Bradley and Kevin Jacobson
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-4:00 PM in W204
- Practice Monday-Thursday 3:00-5:00 PM & Fridays 1:30-3:30 PM
- 7th & 8th grade girls, team selection
- Coaches: Kris Henry and Heidi Bloemker
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-4:00 PM in the PE portable
- Practice Monday-Thursday 3:00-4:00 PM & Fridays 7:00-8:00 AM
- 7th & 8th graders compete, 6th graders practice only
STUDENT SUPPORT ADVOCATE FOR HPMS
My name is Raylin Lucey, and I am the Student Support Advocate for HPMS. I connect students and families to resources and support within the community.
I can help students and families connect to…
- Food or Clothing
- Housing Resources
- Youth Shelters
- Resources for paying bills
- Mental Health Therapists
- Support Groups
- Health Insurance
- Documentation - Birth Cert, ID, DACA, Social Security
- State and federal assistance
- Legal Resources
- LGBTQAI+ Supports
- BIPOC Supports
- A safe place to talk and more...
Raylin Lucey He / Him
Student Support Advocate | Harbour Pointe Middle School
Office 425-366-5128 | Cell 425-231-2603
Office Hours Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri @ 7AM-3:30PM, Tue @ 10AM-6:30PM
“Everyone is still healing from things they don’t talk about so be kind.” – Mike Foster
GOOD TO KNOW
DO YOUR STUDENTS OWE FEES AND FINES?
Our bookkeeper, Lori Gish, would like you to check if your students have fees and fines. There might be charges for lost/damaged books, club fees, or athletic uniforms that were not returned. Any fines and fees carryover from year to year. It’s best to clear these up now. Please click HERE to check your student’s account.
ACTIVITY BUS INFO
- Students must be a regular bus rider (live within the school bus boundaries)
- There are two lines of Activity Buses (a NORTH bus and a SOUTH bus).
- Students need to know their address to get on the correct bus.
- There are limited stops on the route, so it may not be your child's regular stop but somewhat close in proximity.
- Students may ask the bus drivers to find out which bus they should take and what stop they should get off.
- This is NOT your student's regular bus route. Depending on when your student's stop is, they could arrive home after 5:00PM.
- All Activity Buses leave at 4:10PM from the front of the school.
DO YOU PLAN ON VOLUNTEERING AT HPMS THIS YEAR?
Please be sure that you have current MSD Volunteer paperwork on file. Click on the link below to go to the MSD website. There you will be able to read and complete the necessary forms (available in multiple languages). If you have questions, please contact Sandra Holzer, our Family Engagement Liaison. Thank you!
SCHOOL LUNCH MENUS
Just a quick reminder, school lunch is FREE at Harbour Pointe this year. Please check the link below for menu.
Sodexo delivers healthy and delicious school meals based on the USDA’s nutrition guidelines so that students are engaged and ready to learn in school. All meals include a variety of fresh fruit and vegetable choices, and a variety of chilled non-fat or low-fat milk.
McKinney – Vento Act
Are you living in or moving to a temporary place due to loss of housing or economic hardship? Did you know that if where you are staying is not fixed, regular and adequate, you may qualify for extra support from your school?
Students have a right to finish the school year at their school of origin. Contact your school if you think you might qualify for services. Learn more about the McKinney-Vento program here.
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Simone Neal (425-356-1319), email@example.com, Section 504 Coordinator Becca Anderson (425-356-1282), firstname.lastname@example.org, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), email@example.com. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.