The Grapefruit Diet
By: Ryan Sisco
What is it and what does it claim to do?
The Grapefruit Diet is a diet in which you eat half a grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice before every meal.
- this diet claims that there are enzymes in grapefruit that, when eaten before other foods, help burn off fat
- claims to help you lose as much as 10 pounds in 12 days
- you don't get enough calories on this diet which is unhealthy
- grapefruit can actually interfere with certain medication
What can and can't you eat?
While on this diet you can eat meat (any form of protein), vegetables, grapefruit, butter, water and nuts.
You should avoid eating desserts, celery, peas, white onion, cereal, chips, pasta and starchy vegetables.
Long term health issues?
If someone where to stay on this diet for a long period of time it can cause high cholesterol problems because of the way you are eating.
- once you stop eating the grapefruit, you gain the weight back just as fast as you lost it
- the only benefit of this diet is if you're looking to slim down quickly and for a short period of time