October 27, 2020
Expansion of Face-to-Face Instruction
We are very pleased to share that we will be expanding our face-to-face learning to two days per week beginning the week of November 9, 2020. Through our conversations with the Cecil County Health Department, we believe that we can proceed with this expansion for our current face-to-face learners.
It is critical that we all take the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of germs in order to keep our schools safe and healthy learning environments. Parents and family members can assist this effort by promoting healthy behaviors and following these practices:
- Stay home from school or work if sick, even if symptoms are mild.
- Wear a face covering in areas where physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue (or sleeve), and then throw the tissue in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Take care of your health overall. Stay current on your vaccinations, including the flu vaccine, eat well, and exercise to help your body stay resilient.
If at any time, families wish to return to full virtual instruction, they should let the school know. We will continue to seek the guidance of the Cecil County Health Department in order to ensure that we are keeping health and safety at the forefront of these decisions. Individual schools will be in touch with families with regard to schedules and additional details. Please reach out to your child’s school should you have any questions.
Students & parents can use this form to indicate the need for support and resources in the areas of: Academic Support, College/Career Guidance, Personal/Social Support, Mental Health Resources, Family Support Resources, & Community Resource Support.