September - Fall Quarter
Message from Mrs. Aull
Grade seven students have been involved in team building activities. Grade eight students, looping with their team mates and teachers, have jumped right into the rituals and routines of the academic day. Mrs. McNeiece held team assemblies to review important rules and introduce key staff in the building.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to get a glimpse into your child's day. See all of the exciting things going on at CCMS. @CurtisCornerMS
Be on the lookout for a quarterly newsletter with updates and images from CCMS!
Attendance Awareness Month
Please be aware that the school committee has passed a new attendance policy that delineates excused and unexcused absences. The policy is posted on the school committee board-docs website. The link is below. website.http://www.boarddocs.com/ri/soki/Board.nsf/Public#
Important Dates to Remember
- September 7th- Picture Day
- September 13th- Teacher Professional Day (no school for students)
- September 22nd - Grade 7 Open House
- September 27th - Grade 8 Team Defender Open House
- September 29th - Grade 8 Team Intrepid Open House
- October 13th - Grade 8 Team Courageous Pot Luck
At Curtis Corner Middle School it is important to us to keep our families aware of all the great things happening at our school. In an effort to do this, we utilize multiple communication methods.
- WEBSITE - The middle school website is the primary tool for all communication. Our website is updated almost daily with all school announcements. It also contains upcoming events, important dates, documents, links to teacher emails, and team information. There is also a guidance page that includes important information from our guidance department. This page is updated weekly.
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM - Most CCMS teachers have established individual Google Classroom pages containing important information for their classes.
- SKYWARD - Parents are able to access the Skyward parent portal for updates on their child's academic progress. To access the parent portal from the CCMS webpage, click on the parent tab at the top of the page. Parents simply need to login to Skyward, username: last name first initial (no space in between), password southkingstown*. Parents will then be prompted to change their password.
- TWITTER - Curtis Corner uses Twitter to promote the wonderful things happening in our school. Follow us at @CurtisCornerMS You may also want to follow @terryt9lynch, @kristenstring
- NEWSLETTER - A goal this year will be to have a Principal's Newsletter distributed each quarter highlighting school and student achievements. If you have any suggestions that are worthy of recognition, please email me at email@example.com. If possible, please include a photograph.
- SKYALERT - Our school utilizes automated phone and email messages. Please make sure you have accurate phone numbers and email addresses in Skyward in order to receive this information.