By Emily Horton, Riley Nownes, Cassidy Heise, Trevon White
Deserts are located around 3 degrees above and below the Equator of Earth.
There are deserts on every continent except for Europe.
0-50 degrees CelsiusDuring the day, the temperature rises up to 50 degrees Celsius.
At night, the temperature drops to 0 degrees Celsius.
The average amount of rainfall in deserts is 50 centimeters a year. Abnormalities such as sudden cold, intense storms will, happen, resulting in flooding.
- Barrel Cactus
- Brittle Bush
- Crimson Hedgehog Cactus
- Jumping Colla
- Desert Ironwood
5 Desert Animals
Most animals in the desert are nocturnal, which means they sleep during the day and are awake during the night.
5 Interesting Facts
- The word desert means "an abandoned place".
- The Arctic and Antartic poles are polar deserts.
- Only 20% of Earth's deserts are covered in sand.
- There are dry and hot deserts, cool coastal deserts and semi arid deserts.
- The Elephant Tree is found in the deserts of Africa.