The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School Newsletter
Week of April 6th
Dear Liberty Park Families,
My thoughts have been with our entire school community the past several weeks. This is a challenging time for everyone, but please know that we are here for you and focused on reconnecting with students as we prepare to start Learn at Home Activities. Per Governor Holcomb’s executive order, all Warren Township schools will be closed for the reminder of the school year. Even though we will not be meeting in person, we are excited to reconnect virtually with your students via Learn at Home activities starting the week of April 13th.
In order to facilitate high quality Learn at Home activities we will provide a school-issued device for any student who needs one during this time. Devices will enhance the learning process and provide opportunities for students to interact with their teachers and classmates virtually. Interested families should complete a Device Request Form at bit.ly/msdwarrendevicerequest so we can prepare devices to be picked up. In order to facilitate a safe and efficient process our school has been assigned a date and time for devices to be picked up. Liberty Park's device distribution date is next Friday, April the 10th (see below for times and other buildings).
The Device Request Form is accessible with any device (cell phone, computer, tablet). If you arrive without completing the form, you will be asked to complete the form before a device will be issued. During distribution, all family members should line up in each school's designated car rider line (or add an alternative location for your building) and remain in their vehicle at all times. A school staff member will meet you at your car to check in and deliver the device to you.
Finally, I want to provide two contact numbers you can reach out to for assistance. If you have questions about Learn at Home, device distribution, or technology, please contact our eLearning/Learn at Home hotline at (317-608-0545) or email MSDWarrenELEARNING@warren.k12.in.us.
If you find yourself in need beyond what is being offered, a District Community Outreach hotline and email have been created. You can either call 317-869-4308 or email MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us with your information. Someone from the district will contact you as soon as possible.
I hope that you and your family have a great week and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary! Please continue to monitor our website, district app, school newsletters, and our social media Twitter and Facebook accounts for updated information.
Device Pickup Times
Food Outreach Update
If you haven’t already done so, please consider following Liberty Park:
School Webpage: https://libertypark.warren.k12.in.us/
Warren Township App: The Warren app can be downloaded at the Apple and Android App Store.
COVID-19 District Webpage
In our continuing efforts to keep our Warren families informed, we have a dedicated COVID-19 - Coronavirus Disease 2019 webpage that may be accessed at this link: https://www.warren.k12.in.us/o/msd-of-warren-township/page/covid-19-coronavirus-disease-2019. We will continue to provide any updates through our digital app and this district website.
Additional Updates and Information
- Student Report Cards are available to view through the Parent Portal.
- District Food Outreach will run through Spring Break.
- As a reminder, this week has not been an official E-Learning week for Warren Township. Following Spring Break, we will be sending additional information on this extended closure from school. Please continue to monitor our website, district app, school newsletters, and our social media Twitter and Facebook accounts for updated information.
- If you have a significant need, you can call our District Community Outreach Hotline at 317-869-4308 and leave your information. Someone from the district will contact you as soon as possible.
Free Internet Resources
Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations across the country will be available to ANYONE who needs them for free! For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit hotspots.wifi.xfinity.com/mobile/?nc
Sprint, AT&T, T-mobile, and Verizon are unlocking hotspot access to everyone's cell phones. Please see the links below for more information.
Below are a couple of resources for families without internet access:
1. Free internet that AT&T is offering.
2. Here is another link for families without internet.
Free Community Resources
Parent & Caregiver Survey
Some additional resources for students
Visit http://cincinnatizoo.org/ for more information
- Louvre Museum, Paris https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- National Gallery of Art, Washington DC https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-gallery-of-art-washington-dc?hl=en
- Metropolitan Museum of Art https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-metropolitan-museum-of-art
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/van-gogh-museum?hl=en
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence Italy https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/uffizi-gallery?hl=en
- San Diego Zoo https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/videos
- Zoo Atlanta Panda Cam https://youtu.be/_6wbfVWVk8Q
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams
- Reid Park Zoo Lion Cam in Tuscon, AZ http://reidparkzoo.org/cameras/lion-cam/
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bear Cubs Rhenen, Netherland https://explore.org/livecams/polar-bears/polar-bear-ouwehand-twin-cubs-cam-2
- Monterey Bay Aquarium https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals-and-exhibits/live-web-cams
- Georgia Aquarium https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/webcam/ocean-voyager/
- National Aquarium Virtual Tour http://samuraivirtualtours.com/example/nadc/index.html
- Virtual Tour of the Seattle Aquarium