Linda Vista ES Weekly Update #5
October 3rd, 2022
Click on "Translate Newsletter" and select language of choice to translate letter.
*Arriba de esta pagina haga click "Translate Newsletter" y seleccione el idioma "SPANISH".
*Nhấp vào "dịch Newsletter " và chọn ngôn ngữ của sự lựa chọn để dịch thư "VIETNAMESE"*
Thank you, Linda Vista Families!
A huge thank you to our families for joining us last week at our Back to School Night! It was great to see parents listen to and interact with our teachers and staff and learn more about what our students are learning throughout the day.
Federal Impact Survey
Each year, the federal government asks schools to obtain information regarding their population. This information is used to determine the funding the school district and the individual schools will receive. Due to printing delays these cards will be mailed home to everyone on or before October 19th. Please make sure we have your most current address. If you need to update your address, please email Maria Panganiban @ firstname.lastname@example.org. It is very important that you complete this survey. A postage paid envelope will be provided to return the survey.
Early Intervention Conferences - October 13th and 14th
Teachers of students in grades UTK through 5th Grade will hold Early Intervention Conferences on Thursday, October 13th through Friday, October 14th. With some teachers electing to start these Early Intervention Conferences on Wednesday, October 12th.
These conferences are designed for teachers to connect with parents around academic and/or social/emotional concerns that have presented themselves through the data teachers have collected during the first 6 weeks of school.
Please look for emails/messages from your child(ren)'s teacher setting up opportunities to discuss their progress thus far.
Early dismissal in addition to our usual modified days on Wednesdays will also be in effect on Thursday, October 13th and Friday, October 14th.
ELAC : In-person meeting on 10/07 @ 9:00 a.m.
Some information about ELAC's:
- When a school has 21 or more English Learners, it must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
- The primary purpose of ELAC is to advise the school principal and school staff regarding the instructional programs and support services for English Learners. ELAC is also responsible for advising the School Site Council (SSC) and reviewing the Site Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
School Picture Day 10/10 - More Information to Come
On-site COVID-19 Testing for Students
If you are interested in signing your student up for weekly COVID testing, please complete this link which is also available in languages other than English (photo shares where to change the language).
Healthy Choices At School
SDUSD Facts For Parents '22-'23
Academic Calendar '22--23
Families, please bookmark this calendar as a reference for the 2022-2023 academic year. It shares what national holidays and District observed breaks we adhere to at Linda Vista.
You'll note that for the '23-'24 academic year the first day of school is Monday, August 21st and for the '24-'25 the first day of school is Monday, August 12th.
Drop-off & Pick-up
We want to thank all of our families who are exhibiting enormous caution when dropping-off and picking-up student during the first week of school. As a safety reminder, please refrain from double-parking when dropping-off and picking-up your child. Double-parking is prohibited by the City of San Diego and has the potential to be extremely dangerous for not only surrounding cars, but students as well. Additionally, please continue to not park in our neighbors driveways and instead please continue to allot additional time to find parking on our surrounding streets.
Minimum Days - Wednesdays for UTK through 5th Grade
- Thursday, October 13th - Early Intervention Conferences
- Friday, October 14th - Early Intervention Conferences
- Monday, November 14th through Friday, November 18th - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, December 16th - Cluster Collaboration Day
- Thursday, March 23rd & Friday, March 24th - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, June 14th - Last Day of School
Additional Modified Days for UTK through 5th Grade
- Wednesday 10/12 - already a modified day, but set-aside for Early Intervention Conferences
- Thursday 10/13
- Friday 10/14
Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Monday, 11/14 through Friday, 11/18
Cluster Collaborative Day
- Friday, December 16
Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, 03/22 - already a modified day, but set-aside for Spring Conferences
- Thursday, 03/23
- Friday, 03/24
Last Day of School
- Wednesday, 06/14