What is a Personal Narrative?
Look at the picture below. Don't forget that this is a true story that happened to you!
Steps to Writing a Personal Narrative
- Prewrite - Make sure to include the beginning, middle, and end.
- Draft - Include lots of details, including your thoughts and feelings.
- Revise - Can you add more details? Is it in the correct order? Are there more vivid words you can use?
- Edit - Check for capital letters, spelling, and punctuation.
- Publish - Copy from your draft carefully! It's ok to change some minor things, but this isn't a new draft!