Information for the 2020 - 2021 School Year
Follow Riverside PTO on Facebook
2020 - 2021 Registration/Screening
When you come to the Kindergarten Registration/Screening, you will need to bring:
- Your child
- Any paperwork not included with the application process
- Any legal paperwork that reflects child custody or otherwise
If registering your student in-person, you may visit their neighborhood school Monday through Friday between 8 - 4 with a parent/guardian present. Our Complete Enrollment Forms are available online.
Enrollments will not be made final until after the March 5, 2020 screening, but you will save time at the screening by pre-registering.
Is Riverside my boundary school?
If you are not sure if Riverside is your boundary school:
View Boise School District's School Boundary Locator to identify the neighborhood school your student will attend. Note: Some Boise City addresses are not within the boundaries of the Boise School District.
If you have questions regarding a specific address or if your address is close to a boundary, please call Riverside's office at 208-854-5980
Open Enrollment Applications
If you are NOT currently living in the Riverside school boundary, but would like to apply for OPEN ENROLLMENT for your child to attend Kindergarten at Riverside, Please follow the directions below.
- Pick up an Open Enrollment form from the school office or access it on our District Site. Please fill it out and get it submitted to the school office as soon as possible.
- Plan to attend the Registration/Screening day at your child’s boundary/home-school. It is very important that you enroll at your boundary school FIRST in case we are not able to accommodate for your child’s open enrollment at Riverside. You will NOT attend Riverside's Registration/Screening on March 5, 2020. We will request records from your child’s boundary/home-school upon acceptance of your child’s open enrollment form.
- Make sure that you have your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. If your child’s open enrollment is accepted, we will need to have copies of these to complete enrollment. Open enrollment will not be accepted without this paperwork on file.
- Riverside will host a Sneak Peek in August for all students to be able to visit the school and meet their classroom teacher. This will be a great opportunity for your child to see the school if their open enrollment is approved.
Preparing your child for Kindergarten
Reading aloud to your child, modeling fluent reading (reading that sounds like talking), and discussing the story/characters is a fun and powerful way to support literacy and language development. Check out Why Can't I Skip 20 Minutes of Reading Tonight.