Dutch Fork Elementary
Academy of Environmental Sciences - Week of February 29 -
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of noticing and questioning.
- We believe in learning from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary and secondary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe learning should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2015 - 2016
- By the conclusion of the 2015 -2016 school year 65% of 2nd - 5th graders will have met or exceeded their spring MAP reading goal.
- By the conclusion of the 2015 - 2016 school year homeroom teachers will have received a minimum of 10 hours of environmental science based PD to build teacher capacity and to support magnet them integration.
Welcome Back Mary Creech!
Read Across America Week
Monday, Feb. 29th, 8am to Friday, March 4th, 2:30pm
Dutch Fork Elementary
We commend the work of the NEA and and it's efforts with Read Across America to develop a nation of readers. We invite tall and small to participate in the email previously sent by B. Windham.
- Monday - Red Fish, Blue Fish; wear red and blue
- Tuesday - Fox in Socks; Crazy sock day
- Wednesday - Cat in the Hat; Crazy Hat Day
- Thursday - Green Eggs and Ham; Wear Green
- Friday - Oh the Places You'll Go; wear clothes from your future career
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Zaharis School Visit
We are sending a team of 4 (Poore, Somerall, Claytor, and Crouch) to visit Zaharis School in Arizona. They are a sister school that embraces inquiry-based teaching and learning but is also in pursuit of greater STEM education. Our group will fly out Sunday and return Tuesday.
Members of Zaharis will attend the Inquiry Matters Conference held by CFI in April and may visit our school then.
Micheal Guliano Visit
Monday, Feb. 29th, 8-11am
Micheal Guliano, Director of Elementary Education, will conduct classroom walk through's Monday morning. The purpose of his visits are non-evaluative but is intended to give him greater insight into teaching and learning at our school. Just a reminder that he conducts these visits for all 12 elementary schools.
Science Led PD by A. Umberger and Dr. Steve Thompson
Tuesday, March 1st, 3:15-4:15pm
USC MAT Cohort Meeting
Wednesday, March 2nd, 3:15-6pm
DFES Media Center
Last week we were scheduled to host the USC MAT Cohort meeting. It was cancelled due to the threat of severe weather. We have rescheduled for this Wednesday and will host USC faculty, MAT students assigned to Oak Pointe, Saxe Gotha, Meadowfied, and CFI elementary schools.
DFES Spirit NIght at Beef O' Brady's
Wednesday, March 2nd, 4-7pm
2742 North Lake Drive
Early Release Day
Thursday, March 3rd, 7:30-11:30am
Learning Celebration led by A. White's Class
Friday, March 4th, 1:45-2:15pm
DFES Mini Theater
We look forward to Mrs. White's class making their learning public. We are all interested in the insights gained not only for our 3rd - 5th grade students but for the tall learners in our building as well.
- 3/4 C. Sommers