July 13, 2020
Open Enrollment is July 1st through July 31st!
Review the System Benefits Administration website to prepare for Open Enrollment. View premiums, plan description booklets, and more. Check your current benefit elections by clicking on the Benefits Worklet from your Workday home page.
Visit our Open Enrollment page to see what is new for FY2021.
Retiree-Only Open Enrollment Virtual WebEx
Join the Open Enrollment WebEx for Retirees and stay as long as you would like to hear about Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription and Life Insurance plans. There will be a 10 minute question and answer panel at the end of each presentation. The information shared will be for FY21 that begins on September 1, 2020.
Click here to view the Retiree Only-Open Enrollment presentation schedule.
Date: Friday, July 17, 2020
Time: 8-11:45 A.M.
Benefits Open Enrollment Virtual WebEx
Join the Open Enrollment WebEx and stay as long as you would like to hear about Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Life Insurance plans. There will be a 10 minute question and answer panel at the end of each presentation. The information shared will be for FY21 that begins on September 1, 2020.
Click here to see the Open Enrollment Presentation schedule.
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Time: 1-4:45 P.M.
Staff Performance Reviews Begin June 1, 2020
It is time once again for annual staff performance reviews. Our staff performance reviews will be completed in Workday. The process begins with each staff member completing the employee self-evaluation, followed by the supervisor completing the manager evaluation.
For additional information visit: https://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/index.html
For any questions, please contact: Patricia.Morgan@tamusa.edu
Families First Coronavirus Reponse Act (FFCRA)
For more information on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) click here or use the link https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/posters/FFCRA_Poster_WH1422_Non-Federal.pdf
FAQ’s can be found here or https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-poster-questions
IN THE SPOTLIGHT! Employee Total Rewards
Check back with us weekly while we promote and highlight the rewards available for Texas A&M University-San Antonio employees, listed in the section below.
Discover Your Total Rewards
- NEW- MDLive Virtual Visits Update: A waiver of the copay for MDLive services is being extended through August 31, 2020. MDLive Virtual Visits is a telehealth feature through the Blue Cross Blue Shield A&M health Care plan. Chancellor Sharp decided to temporarily reduce the copay for MD Live telehealth for all services to a $0 copay beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020, in an effort to facilitate access to medical care for all A&M Care members. Employees participating in our benefit plan may contact MDLive virtual doctors who are trained on the latest CDC guidance for providers and can assess symptoms and risk factors to determine appropriate next steps. Visit MDLIVE.com or download the MD Live App to your smartphone or call customer service at 1-888-680-8646. You will need BCBSTX member ID card while registering on MDLive.
- Two-Step Wellness Program Reminder: Completing any two steps on your Personal Checklist will ensure that you have the lowest rate for your health insurance premiums. Be sure to complete these activities by August 31, the extended deadline, and allow some time for processing! Those who had not yet completed the Health Assessment and Wellness Exam to receive credit for FY20 can still complete these two tasks to receive their credit for the remainder of this fiscal year. If one of those checklist items was completed in FY19, you must then complete one more task to equal two tasks in the current plan year to receive the credit for FY21. The checklists will restart in FY21, with no partial completion accepted; simply complete two tasks in FY21 for credit in FY22.
- Navia Flexible Spending Account Updates: Due to COVID-19, the IRS has allowed some changes to the Flexible Spending Account process for the rest of the plan year. Read more here.
Monthly New Hire Announcements
Please welcome our new staff member(s) joining our university.
- Mr. Martin Vertiz, Admissions Specialist I - July 1, 2020
- Ms. Mia Garcia, Admissions Specialist I - July 6, 2020
- Ms. Cynthia Jo Alejos, Business Administrator I - July 13, 2020
- Ms. Anna Munoz Rodriguez, Business Assistant I - July 13, 2020
- Mr. Miguel Garcia, Civic Engagement Associate - July 13, 2020
Contact Us-We are Here for YOU!
Martha Gonzalez Chief Human Resources Officer Martha.Gonzalez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2059
Patti Morgan Manager, Compensation & Recruitment Patricia.Morgan@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2054
Francy Leal Benefits Manager, & Wellness Champion Francy.Leal@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2051
Jacquelynn Jaso Human Resources Intern-Benefits & Wellness firstname.lastname@example.org (210) 784-2052
Christina Gomez Human Resources Generalist-Employment Christina.Gomez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2053
Gloria Diaz Administrative Assistant IV Gloria.Diaz@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2058
Janice Parten Campus Title IX Coordinator / Professional Development Administrator Janice.Parten@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2061