American Revolution Research
- Other names for patriots included Sons of Liberty, Rebels, Whigs, and Colonials.
- Patriot towns created juries of men called "committees of safety". Patriots would swear an oath to these men in order to get a pass to travel freely through patriot controlled land.
- Members of the Sons of Liberty wore a medal with a picture of a tree on it.
- Before the “The Boston Massacre” name became common, the incident was also called The Bloody Massacre in King Street, from the title of the famous Paul Revere engraving. In the early 1800's it was also called the State Street Massacre.
- The Massacre occurred on the evening of March 5, 1770