News from Room 11
Look how we all solved the same math problem in different ways!
What will be learning/doing next week:
· Language Arts Unit 3 Week 1
· Unit Theme: Have Fun Week Theme: Lets Laugh
- Vocabulary: amuse, delighted, humorous, mood, ridiculous
- High-Frequency Words (read): away, school, today, way, why
- Spelling Words: make, take, came, game, gate, late, page, space, shop, with, why, school
- Grammar: Verbs
- Skill: Retell (Use 5 finger retell: main character, setting, begging, middle, end)
* Math- Unit 2: Addition and Subtraction strategies, (Fact Families)
* Writing- Invitations
* Science- Animals and their adaptations
- We our out of antibacterial wipes and getting low on white board pens, Expo Brand and typical colors only. (All other pens and colors stain our boards.) If you have any extra that you would like to send in it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
-IMPORTANT: We need to borrow a few Hobby Horses for our performance. Please send any in with your child’s name on it.
- Please take the Speak Up Survey. Speak Up, a national online research project facilitated by Project Tomorrow®, gives individuals the opportunity to share their viewpoints about key educational issues. Please go to the SSF website and select the Parent Survey. Enter California and Solana - then select Solana Santa Fe from the list to begin the survey. Thank you for participating.
-NO ONE HAS SIGNED UP ON THE WIKI TO BRING A SNACK TO OUR CAST PARTY!!! Please go to the class WIKI at: http://web.sbsd.k12.ca.us/groups/ssf_r11/ if you would like to bring a treat. Thanks! While you're there, check out some of our pictures.
The SSF Community Service Committee needs your help with our December Project - the Community Resource Center's "Holiday Basket" Drive.
The response to our Community Service Drive this month has been very slow. Please check out the list below and see if you are able to donate any of the items listed. The Community Resource Center is low on supplies this year and unfortunately, the need for items has greatly increased. Anything you can donate will be greatly appreciated! Please drop off all items in the school lobby by this Monday, December 10th. Contact Alicia Gaudio at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you!!
Teen Gifts - New and Unwrapped
Jackets & Outerwear - New or Gently Used
Toys - New and Unwrapped
Baby Items - New
Bikes - New or Gently Used
Thank you Mrs. Gaines and Mrs. Salu for teaching us about Hanukkah!
- Holiday Performance: Friday, December 14th at 9:00. Please mark your calendars!!!
- Winder Break: December 24th No School!
Have a great weekend,