WMS School, Parent, and Family Engagement Newsletter
Happy New Year WMS Families
Happy New Year. We hope that you enjoyed the break and the additional snow days. With the rapid increase in positive COVID-19 cases in our community, some apprehension is certainly understandable. We want to reassure you that Whitthorne Middle School will continue to work diligently to ensure that we provide support, encouragement, and quality education. We truly believe in the strength and resilience of our school and our families. We are confident that together we will be stronger than ever. Please see tips and suggestions below that will help your child be successful in the upcoming weeks!
Learn more about our school below:
School Board Meeting
Tuesday, January 18 BOE School Board Work Session, 6 pm at HO Porter
Delayed until Thursday, January 13 due to inclement weather
January 17, 2022, all schools and Central Office will be closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
School Board Appreciation Week
January 23-29, 2022
January is a month for new beginnings! Help your child be successful by setting some GOALS! See some conversation tips below:
- Goal Setting: It is important to teach your kids how to set goals. Working towards goals helps us all to be successful.
- Personal Goals: Talk to your child about things they would like to achieve outside the school setting. Maybe it is to accomplish something in a sport. Maybe it is less social media or screen time.
- Educational Goals: Talk about what types of things your student wants to achieve at school.
- Set up a plan: How are they going to get there? What kinds of things are you going to do to achieve this goal?
- Make sure they are REALISTIC!
- Make sure they are ATTAINABLE!
- Remember your WHY: Determine why it is important. This will help kep the momentum when things get tough.
- How will you CELEBRATE? As you teach your children to set goals, be sure to decide what you are going to do when you achieve your goal. Celebrating is the fun part! Keep your eye on the prize!