- Hobbes was a natural philosopher
- At the beginning of Hobbe's philosophic career Hobbes became well facinated in geometry
- Hobbes was raised by a well to do uncle after his father abandoned his family
- Hobbes was born the 2nd son of the vicar of wiltshire
- going with William Hobbes to the European continent opened up his phiolosphical horizons
- Hobbes married a middleton of broken borough
This is a quote talking about how men tell/advice other men to be who they want them to be. And all the men don't realize how wise they are and can be what ever they want.
This is a famous quote from Thomas Hobbes talking about war.
Tis is a picture of Thomas Hobbes male chart
The condition of a man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone
Curiosity is lust of the mind
A man's conscience and his judgment is the same thing; and as the judgment, so also
may be erroneous
No man's error becomes his own law; nor obliges him to persist in it.
science is the knowledge of consequences and dependence of one fact upon another.
The life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short.
The flesh endures the storms of the present alone;the mind those of the past and future
as well as the present. Gulttony is a lust of the mind.
Understanding is nothing else then conception caused by speech
The obligation of subject to the sovereign is understood to last as long and no longer then the power lasteth by which he is able to protect them