For the Weeks of July 30-August 10
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
One indicator of success that we looked at this year was our number of office referrals.
How did we do this year? Take a look at the graph below that compares the number of office referrals by month for this year compared to last year.
Being Kind and Respectful is...
being Turrill Tough!!
From the Desk of Mr. Downey
On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to welcome you and your family to Turrill Elementary! We are anxious to start another year and excited about your child becoming a part of our family. The first day of school is full of emotions whether you are returning for another year or it is your child's very first school experience.
I hope that your family finds the transition to the 2018-2019 school year a pleasant one and know that you will be supported by the entire staff starting the very first day. When it comes to assisting our students we utilize the "all hands on deck" approach. This means every available staff member will be there to assist your son or daughter as they get off the bus, go to lunch, at dismissal and during all aspects of their day.
We look forward to the start of another great year and to seeing you on:
- Monday, July 30th for the "Back to School" Open House from 4:00-6:00
- Tuesday, July 31st for the FIRST DAY of SCHOOL
On the first day of school the building will open at 8:30 but the normal time is 8:40. For your child's safety, please do not leave your child unsupervised outside before school starts (staff supervision outside of the building starts at 8:35). During the first week of school, parents are welcome to walk their child to the classroom.
I send out weekly updates to parents via email so please make sure that you provide the office with that information, you can follow me on Twitter @TESPrincipalD, and additional information is available through the school website at <turrill.lapeerschools.org>.
Here at Turrill, we are "Turrill Tough"! We take care of ourselves while taking care of each other.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Turrill Year-Round Elementary School firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
Welcome New Staff
- Steve Smith - Lower CI Program
- Jennifer Palacek - Technology
- Brianne McGrath - Spanish
- Amber Weidinger - Learning Coach
What's Up for the first two Weeks?
Monday, July 30 -
- Open House from 4:00-6:00
Tuesday, July 31 -
- The first day of a great school year!!
Wednesday, August 1 –
- Off and running!
Thursday, August 2 -
- "What, the week is almost over?!"
Friday, August 3 -
- Back to School Student Assembly at 3:00 in the gym
Monday, August 6 -
- Learning to believe in ourselves!
Tuesday, August 7 -
- Understanding that making mistakes is part of the learning process.
Wednesday, August 8 -
- Working on not procrastinating.
Thursday, August 9 -
- Building our perseverance.
Friday, August 10
- Whole school picture at 3:00
Back to School Open House
Monday, July 30th, 4-6pm
Come and join us as we prepare for safe and productive 2018-2019 school year!
"Boo Hoo" Breakfast
Tuesday, July 31st, 8:45-9:15am
Come and join us for few light refreshments if you're feeling a little melancholy on the first day of school. Kleenex provided, too!!
New School Safety Procedures
1. All doors, including the doors at the main entrance, will remain locked throughout the school day. A buzzer system has been placed at the main entrance requiring all of our visitors to identify themselves and their purpose prior to entering.
2. All families will be provided a placard to display from the rear view mirror to identify the vehicle designated for student pickup. All other vehicles will have to park to sign students out in the office.