News You Can Use
December 7, 2021
December glows with town lights, family celebrations and lots of in class activity at school. As we stay safe together and have fun, we encourage you to get involved and connect with important matters in school, locally or statewide.
- RES PTA FROSTY DRIVE ends on December 10th. Help organizations based in Greenwich, Bridgeport and Redding reach those most in need with clothes, toys or gift cards.
- The RES PTA focuses our resources to provide 70% of the STAFF-LUNCH and RAFFLE on Tuesday, December 21st. We ask parents to help with decorations, drinks, light desserts and leave-behind treats for the more than 130 staff at RES. See below for complete details.
- Now is the best time to attend Board of Education meetings (tonight - click here for an agenda) to learn about administrative priorities and discussions on everything from facilities improvement, after-school programs to class sizes. Our school priorities and budgets need your input and our elected officials want to hear from you.
- BIRD BAGS are available! Mid-December is typically a safe time to start feeding the birds as the Redding bears will all start to hibernate. Pick up your free activity for the whole family in the RES vestibule.
See you at the meeting tomorrow night!
Meredith and Angela
Additional Vaccine Clinic Appointments
Appointments are available for those wanting the first vaccination for 5-11 year-olds of the Pfizer-BioNTech pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine. (Please know that those who are receiving their first vaccine will need to schedule their own appointment for the second vaccine at an alternate location.)
If you wish to register for the vaccine clinic, please click on the google form to select an appointment slot that works for you.
Please note that you will need to submit one form per child. If you have any difficulty using the electronic forms, please email our Director of Technology and Digital Learning at email@example.com.
Ashley Preusse - Grade 1 Teacher
My name is Ashley Preusse and I teach first grade the year at RES. This is my first year teaching. I live in Danbury with my fiance and 2 cats, Sansa and Theon.
I graduated from Southern Connecticut State University in 2020 with my bachelors in Elementary Education and currently am working on my masters in Special Education. I had the pleasure of doing my student teaching in the ER9 district at Samuel Staples Elementary. After graduating, I worked in Newtown this past school year as a Building Substitute. I am enjoying getting to know everyone and starting my career here as an educator.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I was a dancer for 17 years. Currently I’m a Stage Manager for the Danbury Music Centre production of The Nutcracker (I’ve also been in the show every year since I was 5)
- My favorite candy ever is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
- I have an obsession with Iced Coffee and Ice Tea, you will always see me with one of those in my hand.
I’ve known since I was in 2nd grade that I wanted to be a teacher. I had many inspiring elementary school teachers who had great impact on my life during some difficult times. Those teachers really helped shape me, and I want to be able to do the same for other children. My oldest brother has a rare condition called “Ring Chromosome". At a young age I witnessed my mother constantly advocating for my brother to have the best education possible. Through this upbringing, I have realized the importance of providing ALL students with equal opportunities and making them feel special in their own unique way.
I am super excited to collaborate with all of the staff in the building. I have waited so long to have students of my own and build relationships with other teachers who share a passion for teaching as much as I do.
Please feel free to stop by and say hello, I am quite the talker!
Kindergarten Registration - Tomorrow, December 8th!
Spread the News! Registration for new to Redding Elementary School incoming Kindergarten class. Registration packets are available on our website (WWW.REDDINGELEMENTARYPS.ORG).
If you have a child who will turn 5 on or before January 1, 2023, please complete the packet. If you have questions, please email or call Komal Kulkarni (firstname.lastname@example.org at 203-938-2519, Ext. 302). For budget & staffing projections, we urge you to register your child even if you are undecided about their admission in the fall.
Registration will be on Wednesday, December 8 at RES in our vestibule from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, and again from 1:45 pm to 2:30 pm the same day.
Every holiday season the RES PTA hosts an annual Frosty Gift Drive. The drive allows members of our community to donate gifts to organizations within our extended community. This year, the RES community will support the Boys and Girls Village in Milford, Kids in Crisis in Cos Cob and Redding Social Services.
If you are interested in giving this season, please visit the link below where you will be brought to a Sign-Up Genius with links to each organization's wish list. Thank you for your support!
Notes From The Backpack: A PTA Podcast
- Our Culture is More than a Holiday
- Raising Kids who Change the World
- Supporting Students of Color
4th Grade Yearbook Opportunity!
A special RES PTA "Thank You" to:
- Emily Stein for organizing the Charleston Wrap holiday fundraiser.
- Many thanks to all the parents, grandparents and friends who participated in all our fundraising events.
Join The RES PTA
The RES PTA is a community that aims to make life better for every elementary student. We invite you to join us, either by becoming a member or by volunteering to help out with the work we do (or, hopefully, both!) Your membership supports our mission by funding school enrichment activities, staff grants and community engagement, as well as keeps you in the know about all the events we host throughout the year!
-Angela Caes & Meredith Schuchard
2021/2022 RES PTA Membership Rates
$25 Family Membership | $10 Faculty Membership
For more information on how to join, go to:
or simply scan the QR code below to get started with your membership!
- Dec 7 -- Board of Ed Meeting
- Dec 8 -- PTA Monthly Meeting
- Dec 21 - Save the Date: Staff Appreciation Holiday Lunch (Sign up coming soon)
Upcoming PTA Meetings
- Dec 8, 2021 07:00 PM
- Jan 12, 2022 07:00 PM
- Feb 9, 2022 07:00 PM
- Mar 9, 2022 07:00 PM
- Apr 6, 2022 07:00 PM
- May 11, 2022 07:00 PM
- Jun 8, 2022 07:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 850 9394 7873
Community Events In Redding:
- Dec 5-12 - Mark Twain Library Art Show Exhibition and Sale
- Dec 11 (10-4pm) - Redding Artesan Fair - Parents Supporting Local Businesses - PTA Member Businesses Featured!
- Dec 18th - Meet Santa - Redding Ridge Volunteer Fire and EMS Company #1 - Click here to sign up.