Catholic Schools Week
January 31-February 6 . 2016
--Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel, 114
Pope Francis declared December 8, 2015-November 20, 2016 as an extraordinary Holy Year of Mercy, to make it evident that the Church’s mission is to be a witness of compassion. We have incorporated the Pope's declaration into our celebration of Catholic Schools Week 2016 and ask you to join us.
Four Special Evening Events Open to Everyone . . . Ages 0-100!
Please spread the word about the nighttime activities to any families, neighbors or co-workers who don't have students at Aquin. We hope you--and they--can attend many of the evening events to witness the fun and excitement of CSW at Aquin as our gift to our community.
Four Special Dress Days
The Senior High Student Board has created 'Special Dress Days' for all students and staff at Aquin for Monday-Thursday.
- Each daily theme is listed with the donation necessary to earn the privilege for all participants.
- It is optional to participate in the 'Special Dress Days'.
- All donations will be given to FACC and align with two of the corporal works of mercy from the 'Holy Year of Mercy': clothe the naked and feed the hungry.
- The specific donations were requested by Salvation Army and FACC as their largest needs for the Food Pantry and the Homeless Shelter which they provide to area residents.
Earn this privilege by donating 1 new pair of sweatpants or sweatshirt (any size) or $3 to FACC.
- 5:30-7:00pm at St. Joseph Campus
- Math Games on our Classroom Mimeo Boards
- ALEKS Math Information and Activities
- Giant Dice Games, Card Games, Equation Station Activities
- Free Snacks!
Historical Figure Day---Represent a Famous Person from the Past
Earn this privilege by donating 2 cans of vegetables or fruit or $3 to FACC.
- 5:00-6:30pm in the High School Campus Cafeteria
- $5 Dinner in Concessions
- Meet our 2015-16 Varsity Basketball Teams and have some fun!
- Social Media Madness
- $100 Word Challenge
- DAWG Scavenger Hunt
- Lady Dawgs Senior Night Basketball v. South Beloit . Tip-Off at 7:00!
Flood Day---Wear your 'High Waters' Pants in Case of an Early Spring Thaw!
Earn this privilege by donating a box of cereal/oatmeal or $3 to FACC.
- 6:30-7:30pm in the Aquin Auditorium
- Listen to favorite bedtime stories while you gather around a campfire
- Guest Readers--Mayor Jim Gitz, Editor Dan Stevens, Police Chief Todd Barkalow . . . and 1 more Special Guest Reader to be announced next week!
- Come in your jammies and head home for bed at 7:30pm
Culture Day---Represent your Favorite Culture
Earn this privilege by donating fruit cups, mac & cheese, tuna, peanut butter or $3 to FACC.
- 5:30-7:30pm in the Aquin Cafeteria
- Coloring pages & Valentine projects for all ages
- Take your creations with you or leave them for us to deliver to the community
- All materials will be provided
- Bulldog Boys Basketball v. Pearl City . Tip-Off at 6:00
Dress-Up Day for all students.
No Donation Needed.
(The following schedule is for Kindergarten through 12th. Preschool schedule is TBA.)
- All-System Mass in Aquin Auditorium at 9:15am
- Late Start for ALL at 9:00am at High School Campus!
- Science Day for Kindergarten through Grade 12 from 10:15-1:15
- All Lunches eaten at High School Campus (Beltline serving Chicken Strips)
- Dodgeball Tourney 1:30-3:00 (for grades 7-12)
- 'Little Dawg' Camp 1:30-3:00 (for kindergarten-6th grade)
- 3:00 Pick-Up for ALL at High School Campus!