すいようび - Wednesday
Culture Discussion Due
Submit Lesson 12 Culture Discussion + 2 Comments Today
- Post your Lesson 12 Cultural Discussion Post today
- Always carefully review the Discussion Rubric and criteria on the page before and after writing your post - this list what criteria I will use to determine your grade on the assignment. Be sure your post adequately covers all of the criteria.
- Posts should be at least 2-3 paragraphs long with around 4-6 sentences in each paragraph.
- Remember that you must submit 2 comments to your classmates' posts to get full credit!
- Response posts should be thoughtful, at least 2 sentences, and must add to and/or promote further discussion.
Remember to Cite Your Sources! I hate having to deduct points for this. :(
Culture Discussion - Important Points
Before posting your post, be sure you follow the directions carefully and make sure you include all of these points in your post so you can earn full credit:
- Look up one traditional sport in Japan, and tell us what you’ve learned in 2-3 sentences about that sport.
- Expand on your response by including your opinion about each topic. For example answer these questions in addition to the information posted in #1: Does it sound interesting to you? Why did you pick that sport?
- Have you tried any of the traditional sports before or seen it anywhere?
- What do you think about the popular sports in Japan?
にほん の スポーツ
Baseball has a cult following in Japan. Many Japanese love baseball, and even if you are not a baseball fan, a Japanese baseball game is a ridiculously fun and unique experience not to be missed when visiting Japan. The link below has a lot of great info about experiencing a baseball game in Japan and while it is not required, it is a good read. You might want to talk about going to a baseball game in your Japan travel brochure? :)
Click the button above to read about what it's like to attend a baseball game in Japan. This link is optional and is not required.
Culture Cafe Tonight!
Tweet/Text Me Tuesday
The following students answered my questions yesterday and earned 1 bonus point for their submissions:
フットボール が ぜんぜん じょうず では ありません。-Hannah G.
えがとてもとくいです。-Jamie L. and Ashley Z.
わたしはバレーボールがすこしとくいです。 -Amaya A.
ダンス が あまり じょうず では ありません。-Hannah E.
Don't forget that I have a few social media accounts where I post supplemental course material and random/off topic things related to Japan. Feel free to connect with me and your fellow classmates on social media.
Boutin Sensei's Social Media Accounts:
Contact Boutin Sensei
I can also be reached by these contacts outside of office hours, and am sometimes on BBIM during the day too.