SD81 Board of Education Highlights
Reporting on the December 16, 2015 Meeting
In this Issue:
- BOE Approves Proceeding with Plans to Construct an Addition at Kennedy School
- The BOE Adopts the 2015 Tax Levy
The BOE approved the Payment of Bills & Payroll
- December 1, 2015 bill in the amount of $3,834
- December 2015 bills in the amount of $476,818.58
- November Payroll in the amount of $956,518.33
First Public Participation:
Andrew Norte, SPEA representative: Mr. Norte acknowledged the hard work,collaboration, and synergy of the Negotiations Committee to create the teachers' contract. Mr. Norte thanked the Board of Education and Negotiations team for a job well done.
Example of Excellence
The District 81 Band and Chorus performed holiday songs.
Principals' Report (video embedded below)
Secretary Ewanio shared items on Bulletin Board and a reminder to BOE regarding the Leyden Area Board Dinner on January 27, 2016.
Old Business Information
- Facilities Committee Update: Secretary Ewanio reviewed the process used to determine that the Facilities committee recommends necessary construction to Kennedy School.
- Finance Committee Update: Discussed 2015 audit; necessary construction to Kennedy School and funding options for the addition. The committee recommends the project be completed in phases. The committee recommends the BOE move forward with the 5-year plan to build the addition to Kennedy School.
Old Business Action
The BOE took action on the following:
- Authorization Allowing the Administration to Proceed with Plans to Construct an Addition At Kennedy School.
- Resolution #16-06 Expressing Official Intent Regarding Certain Capital Expenditures to be Reimbursed from Proceeds of an Obligation to be Issued by School District 81.
New Business Information
- Press Policy Updates - Meeting will be held on January 13 to discuss policies and facility use.
- Presentation on the Kennedy School Addition Project.
New Business Action
The Board of Education:
- Authorized the administration to proceed with plans to construct an Addition at Kennedy School.
- Adopted Resolution #16-06 Expressing Official Intent Regarding Certain Capital Expenditures to be Reimbursed from Proceeds of an Obligation to be Issued by School District 81.
- Adopted Resolution #16-07 Approving an Application to the Illinois State Board of Education for Qualified School Construction Bond Designation for Obligations to Finance Certain Capital Projects in and for the Schiller Park School District 81.
- Adopted Resolution #16-08 Authorizing an Amendment of the Intergovernmental Agreement Relating to the O'Hare Noise Compatibility Commission.
- Adopted the 2015 Tax Levy.
- Resolution #16-09 Authorizing Reduction of Certain Fund Levies for the 2015 Levy Year
The BOE approved the following:
- Certified Long Term Replacement Teacher Extension
- Certified Staff Hire
- Certified Staff Parental Leave
- Classified Staff Hires
Second Public Participation
- Kennedy teacher Michelle Howlett thanked the BOE for approving the addition at Kennedy School, and commented that they would continue to provide stellar learning opportunities that mirror the 21st century facility. President Desecki thanked Mrs. Howlett and the Kennedy staff for all that they do for the children and for their patience in working in the current facility.