Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - June 6, 2021
Greetings Laburnum Families,
It is hard to believe that we only have two more weeks before we close out this school year. We want to finish strong so see below for a few reminders.
- Tuesday, June 8th is a virtual learning day for ALL students, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
- Be sure that your child arrives at school on time each day. The school day starts at 8:00 AM
- Charge devices at night so that they are ready for the next day.
- If your child will be absent call the front office to report the reason.
Please mark your calendar for the below events. Flyers are also below with additional details.
- 5th Grade Promotion Drive Thru Celebration - June 16th at 11:00 AM
- Transition Day - June 15th at 8:15 AM
- Summer Book Distribution - June 7 - 17, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
HCPS Device Return
Virtual students will return their devices (iPads, Chromebooks, and chargers) to Wilder Middle School, June 21st - June 24th, 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM.
Students participating in summer academy will keep their devices. Those devices will be collected at the conclusion of summer academy.
5th Grade Promotion
When: Wednesday, June 16th @ 11:00
Where: Laburnum Elementary on the parent drop off loop.
Things to know:
- We want families to decorate their vehicles to celebrate your students.
- Vehicles will drive through the parent drop off area where students will hear their name, receive a gift bag, and have an opportunity to take a quick photo at the photo booth to commemorate the moment.
- Parents of all virtual students will need to come to the school between June 1 - June 11 to pick up your child's door tag. We will send the door tags home with all in person students. You will need to tape/hang the door tag on the passenger side of your vehicle on the day of the celebration. The door tag will have your child's name and this will allow 5th grade teachers to call the correct student's name.
Note: You will attend the grade level that your student will be in next year. For example, if your student is a kindergartner, you will click on the link for "rising 1st graders".
Kindergarten Registration and NEW 1st - 5th Grade Student Registration
Use the link below to register any kindergarten student or NEW 1st - 5th grade student. Any registering kindergartner must be five by Sept. 30th, 2021.
There can only be two adults per registration appointment, everyone must wear a mask, and practice social distancing.
Matrícula de kindergarten en persona para el 2021-22 comienza el 12 de abril (solamente con citas). Contacte a la escuela de su zona para sacar una cita.
Important Information for In Person & Virtual Students:
Families must report the following to the school:
- Your child has tested positive for COVID
- Your child has been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID.
- Your child has been tested for COVID and is awaiting results (regardless of reason).
- Your child has responded yes to any of the questions on the daily health screener questionnaire.
We will communicate this information to the HCPS health team which will make a determination as to when a student is able to return to school.
If your child is seen in the clinic due to experiencing COVID-like symptoms while at school, you will be provided with a note informing you of when your child is able to return to school.
Don't forget to join our wonderful PTA! The cost is only $5.00 per person. Use the membership link today or stop by the school.
June 8th Virtual Learning for all students
June 15th - Transition Day, 8:15 AM
June 16th - 5th Grade Promotion Drive Thru
June 17th - Last Day of School - Full Day
Remember to complete the COVID Health Screener each morning with your in person studnt. If your child is sick, do not send your child to school. Please contact Ms. Jones, our attendance secretary, immediately. She can be reached via email at email@example.com or phone (804) 228-2720.
If you have a planned absence, such as a vacation, prior approval from the principal is required for it to be considered excused. Email Mrs. Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In person students cannot move between in-person and virtual unless quarantined by School Health Services due to COVID related situations. If you, your child, or anyone in your home has been exposed, tested, or contracted COVID. do not send your child to school and contact us immediately.
Follow Us on Social Media