Negative Effects of Concussions
By: Blake Upchurch
Concussion - Official Trailer #2 (ft Will Smith)
"I told him how proud I was of him. How much I loved him. And it was o.k. to go."
What is a Concussion?
- When the brain repeatedly collides with the skull or from violent shaking of the head.
- Football is the number 1 sport for concussion risk at 75%
- 23,000 head injuries per year
- 2.5 million emergency room visits per year
Short Term Effects
- Confusion, loss of consciousness, memory loss, dizziness, balance issues, nausea, disorientation, vomiting, mood swings, and headaches.
What to do if you get a concussion
- See doctor and therapist
- Work on balance
- Stay away from sports
Long Term Effects
- Permanent brain damage, torn blood vessels, injured nerves, torn soft tissues, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, and many more diseases
Take concussions seriously!
Don't risk your life by thinking everything will be "fine"