S9GS Library-Media Center
Welcome to the Library!
Librarian: Mrs. Madison
- Policies and procedures are correlated to the Madison County School System Library Guide (2016).
- S9GS Library-Media Center acknowledges the Library Bill of Rights.
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- How long may I borrow a library book? Books are checked out for 2 weeks.
- How many books may I check out? You may check out 2 books.
- What about library fines? Students are charged 10 cents for each day their library book is late.
- What happens if I lose or damage a library book? Please contact Mrs. Madison to determine if you need to pay for it or replace it.
- Books may be checked out to students for 2 weeks.
- Students will be allowed to check out 2 books.
- Reference books may not be checked out (coded with orange dots).
- You may not check out a book if you have an overdue book or fine.
- Students will be charged a fine of 10¢ per day per item. (MCBOE Library Procedural Guidelines)
- Overdue/fine notices will be distributed each week.
Replacement of Lost or Damaged Items
Students are responsible for all lost or damaged items. Examples of damaged items include but are not limited to: torn pages, *water damage, mold or mildew, any defacement of the item. Fines for minor damages may be added. *Books with water damage: Cost of book must be paid in full or the student must provide a replacement copy of the book.
A lost or damaged item may be replaced in the following ways:
- Pay the purchase price of the item.
- Provide a replacement copy of the item.
- Follow all school rules. Keep talking and noise to a minimum.
- No backpacks.
- No food. Drinks must have a secure lid. No drinks near technology.
- Do not disturb other students or classes.
- When issued a pass to the library, sign in and out at the circulation desk and include computer number.
- Use library time for school purposes only, and stay on task.
- Respect other patrons and the librarian-teacher.
- Check out books before leaving the library.
School Google Accounts
Every student has a SCHOOL Google account. All students need to use their school Google accounts for assignments. Students will have these Google accounts throughout all 4 years of high school.
Students have access to all the Google applications including email, but only within our school district.
What you will most likely use the most:
Drive: Gives you UNLIMITED STORAGE. Everything you create in your Google account will automatically save to your Drive.
Docs: Create word documents
Slides: Create slideshow presentations
Sheets: Create Spreadsheets
Mobile Device Charging Stations
Device charging stations are available in the library.
Do not leave your device unattended.
S9GS is not responsible for misplaced, damaged, or stolen devices.
About the Librarian
I am passionate about...
- Books - hand-held and digital
- Reading YA Literature
- Instructional Technology
- Gadgets, gizmos, and educational apps
- Helping high school students discover all of the above
I Believe that School Libraries are Innovative and Irreplaceable.