Genetically Modified Organism
What is a GMF/GMO?
- Fruits are fresher and stay good a longer time
- Resistant to insects
- More food to be grown in more places using fewer natural resources
- There is more nutrients in GMF than non GMF's
- Many farmers use them for food
- Can cause allergic reactions
- Can make bacteria a lot stronger and harder to kill
- Create deadly health issues
- GMOs could also be toxic to its environment. GMOs that contain pesticides can pollute that substance into nearby bodies of water causing damage to fish and aquatic life.
- They may also affect the animals around it causing disruption in the food chain.
Why we should or shouldn't label GMF?
Duvauchelle, Joshua. “Pros & Cons of GMO Foods.” Livestrong. Demand Media, 14 Jan. 2014. Web. 9 Mar. 2015. <http://www.livestrong.com/article/213053-pros-cons-of-gmo-foods/>.
Swenson, Kristie. “GMO Foods.” Common Ground. CommonGround, 2015. Web. 9 Mar. 2015. <http://findourcommonground.com/food-facts/gmo-foods/>.