Sheep / Goat Care
Sheep / Goat as an SAE
Housing pens at the agriculture farm will be available on a first come, first served basis. Pens are to be kept neat and sanitary at all times. If a short amount of time is spent each day this should never become a problem.
- Water bucket with clips
- Feeding bucket with clips
Other Necessary items for success:
- Muzzle Goat Lamb
- Show chain (goat)
- Bleach spray bottle
- Small Hard Brush
- Cinder Block
**Note: we will not be using any type of shavings. Do not bring this to the facility.
- Show Rite
- Goats - Advancer Plus - $28/bag
- Lambs - Advanced
In addition to feed, you will be providing a specific supplement. Throughout the project, your adviser will suggest dependent upon the condition of the animal. Supplements usually run about $50-$100 lasting approximately 60-90 days. Talk to your adviser for more information.
The vaccine commonly known as “CDT” or “CD&T” is a vaccination for Clostridium perfringenstype C + D and tetanus. We will vaccinate for this every 30 days at a cost of $1 per dosage.
Goats are very susceptible to internal parasites. It is recommended to de-worm your goat when you first get it and establish a de-worming program every 21 days at a cost of $1 per dosage.
A fee of $10 will be applied for ALL goats/lambs that want to be included in this rotation. All other medical fees will be based on individual circumstances.
Where can I purchase these materials?!
- Melissa Feed & Seed - 972-837-2286
- This will be our MAIN location for feed purchases. Chet, the owner, will order feed on Tuesdays. Plan accordingly!
Other local feed stores:
**Note: Call ahead if you are looking for something specific. Not all carry the same items.
- Princeton Ag Supply - 972-736-2350
- Pardner's - Frisco - 972-377-2165
- D&L Ag Mart - McKinney - 972-562-9995
- Krum Farm & Feed - 940-482-3136
Other useful websites:
- Collin County Junior Livestock Show
- Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo