All you need to know about bullying for Adolscents
An Introduction to bullying
Bullying is when someone is constantly hurting the someone's feelings or physically hurting them. There are lot's of ways someone can bully you but the main category of bullying are verbal bullying, physical bullying, social bullying, psychological bullying and cyber bullying.
Effects of Bullying on Physical, Social and Mental Health
Strategies for dealing with bullies
- Talk to others you can trust. Don't keep it to yourself
- Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault that you're being bullied
- Stay calm. Bullies want you to be upset, angry or stressed so fight back by staying calm
- Ignore the bully and if that doesn't work, tell them to stop and how you don't like it
Who can you talk to if your being bullied
- Talk to someone trustworthy like a friend or relative
- Talk to an adult. Make sure it's someone you can trust. Someone like a parent or teacher
- Talk to a counselor. Counselor's can help on what to do and they can keep things confidential unless it's serious that it could hurt someone
- If the problem is not that bad, talk to the bully. Don't tell them everything but maybe how you feel or ask why that person is bullying you. Sometimes it's better because it won't make it a big deal and you can both forget it. If the problem is pretty serious then talk to someone else.
You and Your Help
How you can help and support victims of bullying
- Talk to someone about what's happening. It's best to talk to an adult about the situation
- Don't be a by-stander. Help the victim stand up to the bully. If the bully is overpowered then he will feel weaker and would usually stop
- Be a friend to the victim. Just imagine if you were bullied. You'd want someone to be there to help you out
- Don't join the bully. He will then become stronger.
Be There for the Victim! Help and Support! Be a Friend!
Friends Theme Song by Säääsh
Youth Beyond Blue
Youth Beyond Blue is a website we highly recommend because it shows a guide or introduction to bullying, shows what you can do and how to help someone you know and you can get involved and help others.
Bullying.org is a good website because you can share and submit your resources, you can help by donating, becoming a friend and taking courses, and you can find helpful resources like books, articles and multimedia.
Cyber Smart for Teens
Cyber Smart for Teens is a great website especially for cyber bullying. It goes into more detail of cyber bullying and how to deal with it. It has conversation page where you can give your opinions and has a online counselling for cyber bullying.