WeHo Enrichments 2013-2014
Committee Meeting - MONDAY, Nov 18 @ 8:20 - Teacher's Lounge
Come join us!
Dear Committee Members:
We are well under way with plenty of Enrichments in action. Thank you for all of your help getting this year set up. Teacher meetings went well and we have even more clarity on Study Units and what types of Enrichments will really help those units come alive.
Here's a tentative agenda for Monday:
• Need more volunteers/Committee members to sign on to 'produce' an event (or two)
• Followup on Underwriting/Sponsorship connections
• Brainstorming around Cultural Assemblies/Events for the New Year
• Brainstorming around information management/technology
ie: Creating master calendars for each class and school as a whole
• Brainstorm around role of Grade Rep and how to streamline information to Teachers/Volunteer Efforts
• Updates from Committee Members
4th Grade - wrapped up Mad Science: Electricity
1st Grade - learned all about Dental Health and Hygiene from local dentist Dr. Rodef (Elizabeth R.)
5th & 6th - enjoyed an afternoon at the Sepulveda Wildlife Basin where they observed many indigenous birds and reptiles
Kinder/TK - enjoyed some dance time with Instructors from ABC Dance (Melinda W.)
Thanks to our parents (in parenthesis) for bringing in these ideas and making them happen.
Help us update our records
In an effort to refine and update our ENRICHMENT COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER list please let us know if you'd like to continue to receive these notices. As always, volunteer meetings are always and absolutely optional but, if you no longer wish to be an active member please let us know.
If you'd like to be more active but cannot make meetings - shoot us an email and we'll gladly accept your time and talents in any capacity. We will put you to work!