By: LeeAnna Peirce Bret Livingston
- Keep floors clean
- No Clutter
- Wipe up spills, spatters, peelings
- Use step stools of ladder not a chair
- Tie shoes
- No long clothing
What To Do
- Don't move the person
- Don't laugh unless they do
- Get a teacher
- Clean area after person fell
- Call medical help if need
- Mild bruises/sprains use a ice pack
- Elevation if feeling dizzy
Slipping and falling in a kitchen can be super dangerous. Don't laugh unless the person that fell is laughing. Be sure the person is safe an okay before moving him/her.
Wet Floor Signs
When you see a wet floor sign make sure you recognize this and the floor might being wet and that you have to take precautions went walking on that surfaces.
Always make sure your shoes are always tied. You would not want to step on your own feet causing yourself to fall.
When trying to reach something on a counter make sure you use a sturdy stool and not just climb on the counters.