The DMS Science Scoop
What does a subatomic duck say? QUARK! QUARK!
Wishing you the best this season!
I hope you are having the most wonderful holiday season as we have reached winter break! It is time to catch up on sleep, to travel and spend time with family, and to look forward to a successful and productive new year!
Please check out some December Highlights below and browse through our plans for the start of 2015. We are excited to hit the ground running with more Skype experiences, fun lab activities and interactive events.
December: In the Classroom
Grade 7 has been learning all about the properties of elements on the Periodic Table. Check out the metals from our density lab!
Grade 8 finished up the Protists unit by talking about Fungus-Like Protists. Check out our Mold Terrarium Project!
Grade 6 learned all about the makeup of volcanoes, including how pressure builds up in our Volcanic Inflation Lab!
What's next for January?
- 6th Grade - Earth's Changing Surface: Weathering and Erosion
- 7th Grade - Motion and Forces
- 8th Grade - The Human Body: Skin, Muscles and the Skeletal System
Palm Beach County Science Fair
Daniela Golob, Nancy Sluggett, JD Mason, Carson VanPopering, Kayla Fischer, Kyle Zetlan, Sean Jassenoff, and Sara Moreno!
Check out a few shots below from the fair last week!
Digital Ocean Explorers Skype!
Wednesday, Jan. 21st, 8am
300 Royal Commerce Road
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Did You See the Science Wishlist?
1. Smart School Systems – 5M Handheld Microscope (6 Total Microscopes)
Cost: $249 per unit
2. Plant Light House
3. Mineral Identification Starter Set (1 Total Kit)
4. Mineral Test Kit (5 Total Kits)
5. Periodic Table Markerboards Class Set for 24 Students
Cost: $158.40 for 24 boards
6. Cube Storage Bins (A bunch)
Cost: $30.00 per set of six bins