Cahill Class News
A class of readers and leaders
03/22/15 What we are Learning this Week!!
- This week we are continuing to work on our Novel Tuck Everlasting. Our mini-lesson focus will be on point of view. We will be talking about why authors choose to write from a certain point of view and how that effects the story.
- I can use the written text to understand what is being read.
Students will begin to think about the topic that they want to write about in their persuasive writing pieces. We will be collecting seed ideas this week.
- I can write effectively according to the purpose for writing.
- I can select a topic to share with an audience.
This week we will continue working on volume. We will be using l x w x h to help us determine volume. We will also have our Chapter 15 test this week.
- I can identify volume as an attribute of a solid figure.
- I can recognize that a cube with one unit side length is “one cubic unit” of volume.
- I can explain a process for finding the volume of a solid figure by filling it with unit cubes without gaps and overlaps.
- I can measure the volume of a hollow three dimensional figure by filling it with unit cubes with gaps and counting the number of squares.
- I can use unit cubes to determine the volume of a rectangular prism.
We will be starting Life Science this week. We will talking about food chains and the different structures animals have to help them survive.
- I can compare structures that serve similar functions for animals belonging to different vertebrate classes.
- I can explain how similarities are the basis for classification.
- I can distinguish between producers and consumers.
Bridger Open House
Thursday, May 7th, 5:30-7pm
James Bridger Middle School, Independence, MO, United States
Weekly Specials Schedule
Tuesday-- C (Art is always on Tuesdays)
We wrapped up our Universe Unit and are practicing scientific inquiry. We are working on identifying the parts of an experiment.
Just Right Spots
Students love comfy spots for reading. This week we have been working on inferring characters traits as we are reading.
We have been immersing ourselves in persuasive writing. Our class has come up with an idea of what persuasive writing is and are excited to start writing our own pieces.
Just Right Spots
Updates and Reminders
March 20- Progress Reports Sent Home (Please send back envelopes signed)
March 24- Spring Pictures
March 30-April 3 Spring Break
April 21-May 7th MAP Testing
May 7th- Bridger Open House 5:30-7:00
Our classroom expectation is that students read for 20 minutes nightly! This is considered nightly homework!