Mission Vista Academy
Family Newsletter - Week of May 10th, 2021
Delivering the Heart of Homeschooling
In This Week's Edition:
» National Charter Schools Week
» Important Enrichment Updates
» Parent Support Pod Info
» Virtual Career Fair
» Academic Decathlon and Pentathlon Info
» Middle School and High School Coffee Chat
»Homeschool Heart to Heart Chat
PARENT & STUDENT RESOURCES
» MVA Event Calendar
» Virtual College Fair
» Virtual Field Trip: Mount Rushmore
» Special Education Department Monthly Newsletter
» English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC)
» Enrichment Returns
» Writer's Workshop
» Middle School and High School In House Curriculum Options for the 2021/2022 School Year
» High School Curriculum Roadshow Slides and Webinar
» Department Contact info
» Counselor Information Sessions
SHARING THE HOMESCHOOL HEART
»NEW- THEMED Family Liaison Office Hours
WE ARE MISSION VISTA ACADEMY PROUD
» MVA Apparel
» MVA Resource Websites
» Your Mission Vista Academy Team
National Charter Schools Week May 9th-May 15th
- Join us in celebrating National Charter Schools Week 2021! We're celebrating 30 years strong of charter schools in public education. We're proud to be part of the charter schools community! #CharterSchoolsWeek #CharterLove #MissionVistaAcademy
Academic Decathlon and Pentathlon!
Please contact Marisa or Jodi for more info or if you have questions!
Coach: Coach: Jodi Stoneman
South Schools Virtual College Fair ~ Over 50 colleges, public and private colleges, will be there! You and your high schooler should too!
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
5:30 - 8 pm
Sign up here for more info:
Virtual Field Trip: Mount Rushmore
Join us on a virtual tour of Mount Rushmore National Memorial - Included in this tour: HD footage, information and facts on one of the most iconic sites in the United States. Mount Rushmore depicts four presidents who all played an important role in the history of the United States!
Please enjoy the free RESOURCES AND VIDEOS BELOW!
Mount Rushmore Virtual Field Trip: Video
Mount Rushmore for Kids | Learning Facts: Video
Mount Rushmore National Park in South Dakota: Tour
History of Mt. Rushmore | South Dakota: Ranger Talk
Dear MVA Families,
We are excited to provide Enrichment Drop-Off locations throughout Riverside County. Please reach out to your HST for directions. See the attached flyers for locations.
Please remember the following:
- An inventory list including the student's name, school, and ID number must be included with each box/bag with the items in that particular box/bag checked off.
- Please separate items by student (please do not combine items for siblings in one box/bag)
- Please label each box/bag with the student's name and ID number (Your HST can provide your ID number if you do not have it).
- You can print off an inventory list by logging into your Enrichment Ordering System (EOS) account and click the "Download Inventory" button. Your HST can also email you a copy of your inventory list.
FREE Pre-recorded videos with LIVE Office Hours!
THE LAST WRITER'S WORKSHOP WILL BE HELD ON MAY 20TH!
These writer's workshop videos are there for parents and teachers to use starting wherever you would like! If you need advice as to where to begin, feel free to email our amazing writing teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you and your student can join in the office hours to go over items! Again, you can email to ask questions or get help, etc.
Access the recorded writing workshop videos HERE
Office Hours Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and Thursdays at 1 p.m.
IN HOUSE CURRICULUM OPTIONS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL!
MVA High School
*ChoicePlus Academy finals week is May 24th-28th. All work will be expected to be completed by the Friday beforehand, May 21st.
*Last Day of the Semester: May 28 is the last day of the semester. ALL coursework (including finals) must be completed by this date. Please plan ahead!
- Check out the High School In House curriculum options for 21-22: High School In House Curriculum 21-22
- Virtual College Fair: May 12 from 5- 8:30. Over 50 colleges (public and private) will be there. Please encourage your students to attend! Flyer Here.
- Last Day of the Semester: May 28 is the last day of the semester. ALL coursework (including finals) must be completed by this date. Please plan ahead!
- ChoicePlus Academy's May HQT Encounters! All students are welcome! Please see the MAY HQT ENCOUNTERS FLYER
- Edgenuity Extras: Please join the Edgenuity HQTs for creative and engaging interactive live sessions during the month of May. All high school students are welcome and encouraged to attend. RSVP here and email Jolene Ericsson with any questions: email@example.com
MVA High School Counselor - Holly Burke
Is your high school student struggling with their classes? Do they want to discuss how a schedule change will impact their post-high school plans or do they want to get a head start on planning for college/career? If so, I’m here to help. I am available for individual appointments, and you can request a meeting by emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for more info about MVA's High School Curriculum options for the 21/22 school year? Look no further! Below you will find the High School Roadshow slides and webinar that are sure to answer all of your questions and concerns.
Please reach out to Summer Davidson if you have any questions: email@example.com
High School Curriculum Roadshow slides.
High School Curriculum Roadshow webinar.
MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL COFFEE CHAT!
Middle School & High School Homeschool Coffee Chat
Thursday, May 20th at 6:30 pm
Join your MVA Family Liaison and fellow MVA parents in a virtual chat about homeschooling in Middle School and High School with a special guest; MVA’s High School Success Coordinator, and homeschooling parent, Summer Davidson.
THEMED FAMILY LIAISON OFFICE HOURS
Join your Family Liaisons on Thursdays @10:00am for weekly themed chats during the month of May!
5/13- Summer Activity Ideas
5/20- Curriculum Chat (what's working and what's not)
5/27- Online Learning Platforms
Share, ask and learn! We can't wait to see you there!
New Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84272589947
Homeschool Heart to Heart!
It's a great time to start thinking about next school year!
Join us for a virtual Homeschool Heart to Heart chat where we dive into EVERYTHING from planning tips and ideas, finding a support system and curriculum! We look forward to seeing you there!
Date/time- May 26th @ 7:00 pm
SHOW OFF YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT WITH YOUR VERY OWN MISSION VISTA APPAREL!
Wanna show off your school spirit? Purchase your very own Mission Vista T-shirt, sweatshirt, tote bags, and MUCH more!
Visit the Mission Vista website for the full list of school apparel and other goodies now!
MVA Resource Websites to Bookmark!
Mission Vista Academy Facebook Group - Enrolled with Mission Vista Academy? Join us on Facebook for a lively discussion and homeschool support.
mission_vista_academy - Follow Mission Vista Academy on Instagram!
Mission Vista Academy Family Liaison
Hello! My name is Andrea Hart, and I am a homeschooling momma of two beautiful girls. Thanks to Mission Vista Academy, we have been homeschooling for 2 years and absolutely love the freedom and new learning experiences that it provides us daily. Homeschooling has changed our lives for the better, and I can’t wait to help other families learn, grow, and navigate through this extraordinary journey. I'm here to help encourage, guide, and answer any question you may have! I can’t wait to connect with you.
We want to hear from you!
What do you want to hear more about? Drop us an email!
We'd love to answer all of your questions in regards to homeschooling
and learn more about what your homeschool lifestyle looks like!
Our goal is to provide you with the best homeschool program in Riverside County and San Bernardino County...so we want your feedback! If you have any comments, suggestions, or concerns, please let us know!