May 13, 2018
Monday, May 14th - campus closed
· 5th & 8th Math STAAR retest
· 6th & 7th STAAR Math
· School Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 15th - campus closed
· 5th & 8th STAAR Reading retest
· 6th & 7th STAAR Reading
· 8th-grade STAAR history cards due
· Academic Banquet BHS
Wednesday, May 16th - campus closed
· 5th & 8th STAAR Science
· 7th grade DC planning trip meeting BJH 3:45
Thursday, May 17th - campus closed
· 8th STAAR History
· 8th-grade student scheduling meeting for High School at 2:30 p.m.
· Band Instrument Drive - 5:30 p.m.
· Mandatory Washington meeting for this year's trip 6:00
Friday, May 18th
· 8th-grade Awards 1:30
- 7th/8th grade Band Celebration 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 19th
· Varsity Band Banquet
Monday, May 21 - 24th
8th-grade Washington Trip
Monday, May 21st
· Waterpark Festival - BJH Band
· 5th-grade Awards 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 22nd
· 5th grade AR movie a.m.
· 5th grade Field Day p.m.
· 6th-grade Awards 9:00 a.m.
· 7th-grade Awards 9:45 a.m.
· Student Council field trip following awards
Wednesday, May 23rd
· Final exam 7th period (click here for exam schedule)
Thursday, May 24th - noon release
· Final Exams 1st, 2nd, 3rd period
Friday, May 25th - noon release - last day of school
· Final Exams 4th, 5th, and 6th period
· Graduation BHS 7:00 p.m.
Lost and Found
8th-grade End of Junior High Bash - Class of 2022
Friday, May 11th, 6:30pm
2610 Cox Road
**Just a reminder, final exams will not be given early. If a student is absent on exam day, a “0” will be placed in the final exam box until the exam is made up. Exams can be made up May 29-31 or June 4- 7. Please contact Mrs. Swearengin @ email@example.com to schedule a day and time. **
Those students attending the 8th grade Washington trip are coming home with information from their teachers regarding final exams for them.
Brock FFA Stock Show Information
It’s that time of the year to begin preparing for the Parker County Stock Show. This year's County Show dates will be
June 4th through 9th.
Junior FFA Membership 1st Grade- 8th Grade students
All stock show participants must be a member of a FFA or 4-H club. Brock Students not in high school must pay their Jr. FFA membership $5.00 dues, and complete the Jr. FFA Membership Form.
If you have any questions, you can contact us via email.
Mark Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Holton email@example.com
STAAR Testing Dates
May 14th - Monday
5th & 8th grade Math retest
6th & 7th grade Math
May 15th - Tuesday
5th & 8th grade Reading retest
6th & 7th grade Reading
May 16th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Science
May 17th - Thursday
8th grade History
**Please note that campus will be closed on testing days for all visitors. Plan accordingly for doctor/dentist appointments as students will not be removed from the testing classrooms for dismissal.**
Outdoor Learning Center
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Click here for more information or feel free to direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.