We Are Together Tamanend!
April 28, 2017
CB Logo Contest
NEW! Tiger Sports Report
Starting with this edition of Tamanend Connections, we will include a link to a special Tamanend sports report. To hear about upcoming sports competitions and the week's accomplishments by our athletes, click on the Tiger Sports link below.
By the way, having a report on sports was a suggestion that we received though our feedback survey (below). Thank you for the great suggestion and keep those ideas coming!
A Few Friendly Reminders
This coming Monday, we will go over the following reminders on our Tamanend Today Show. We ask that parents/guardians please review these with your student at home. Thank you for your support.
Water Only: We allow... we even encourage students to bring water to school. We especially encourage bringing reusable containers and using our water bottle filling stations. Water is good for us. It is especially good for our brains to stay hydrated by drinking water. We do NOT allow students to drink other beverages such as Gatorade or coffee during or between classes. If students drink those beverages, we ask that they do so before arriving to school. Students can pack and enjoy a sports drink for lunch but they must finish it before lunch is over. Water doesn’t stain, burn, or attract bugs when it spills. It is just plain healthy and all students need it during and between classes. Thank you for your respectful understanding.
Walking/Biking Home: Almost all of our students who walk or bike live towards Kelly Road. Students are not permitted to leave campus by crossing Bristol, cutting through the woods and/or the car dealership. No students should ever leave Tamanend and cross Rt. 611. And finally, once students leave Tamanend’s campus, they are only permitted to return with a parent or guardian.
4th Marking Period: We use every opportunity to remind our students that the 4th marking period is just as important as the first three. It is not the time to slow down. In fact, as in many sports such as track, that last lap or corner is the time to push yourself harder and run right through the finish line. At Tamanend, we finish strong.
- PSSA Science, 8th Grade on May 2-3
- Keystone for Algebra Students on May 16-17
To prepare for the assessments, students are encouraged to go to bed early, eat a healthy breakfast and bring water, a calculator, and two #2 pencils. Students may not bring any unapproved electronic devices: cell/smartphones, smartwatches, ereaders, tablets, etc. For more information and frequently asked questions about state assessments, click here.
Quick & Easy Links:
- CBSD Mobile App - Students and parents can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Tamanend and CB.
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more
- Student Portal - Screencasted directions on how students can access a portal of their own
- Tamanend Daily Announcements
- Tamanend Procedures at a Glance
- Tamanend Dress Standards
- Tamanend Cell Phone Practices & Rules
- ICYMI - A collection of all previous Tamanend Connections newsletters
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- 2016-2017 Tamanend Calendar
- Get Tiger Tweets!
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did this week.