MVVS News and Notes
It takes a village...
We will Engage, Challenge, and Support All Learners
September 10, 2021
It was nice to see the patriotic spirit of our MVVS community today as we donned red, white, and blue to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11. I would like to pass along the details for a ceremony being held tomorrow morning by the MV Fire Department and Patriotic Purposes Committee. Please click here for more details.
Summer Reading Follow-Up
MVVS partnered with the Daland Memorial Library over the summer to promote reading among our students. Many students participated in this fun event. Students who were not able to participate were asked to read two books over the summer and write a short reflection (one or two sentences) about each book. Ms. JoAnn and Mrs. Garrity are offering a fun activity, tailored to the grade level, with the most participants. The deadline to submit the two book reflections has been extended until September 30th.
SMILE! Picture Day is coming! 9-15-2021
Late Start - Tuesday, September 14th
Reminder to our families: Tuesday, September 14th is a Late Start day for our students. Students will arrive between 9:35 and 9:45a. If you are having issues with child care on this day, please reach out to me at email@example.com. Thank you!
Thank you to all who attended our virtual open house this week. We had a great night of sharing with families about who we are and what we have planned for this year. If you were able to attend, please fill out this survey to provide feedback on the event. Thank you! Please find the slide show from our opening announcements here.
MVVS PTA Sponsored Ice Cream Social RESCHEDULED to Thursday, September 16th.
- Dismissal: In order for our dismissal process to run on time, parents/guardians must update PUP with their students' Default Plan for dismissal AND must also update PUP each day (before noon) if the Default Plan will not be followed for that day. Please be advised that for many of our students, the bus numbers and routes have changed this year. Please review the bus schedules (found on the SAU39.org website) to confirm your bus number and please update PUP ASAP with any changes.
- Lunch: Parents/Guardians must place each student's lunch order in the Parent Portal (PowerSchool) in order to receive the "hot lunch". Orders may be placed beginning at 5:00 p.m. the night before through 7:00 a.m. the day of. If no order is placed and the student does not have a lunch, they will be provided with a sun butter and jelly sandwich or a grilled cheese.
COVID Guidelines Update
Assuming we begin the school year in yellow status, the following will be a few important points at MVVS:
- Masks are required indoors for students and staff.
- Designated volunteers will be allowed to access the building.
- Parent meetings can be done remotely or in-person with masks.
- Students are permitted to remove masks to have a snack each morning.
- Lunches are in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) and outside if possible.
- We are integrating mask breaks into our day.
- Masks are not be required in playground and outdoor areas.
9/14 - 2-Hour Late Arrival - Students arrive, 9:35-9:45a
9/15 - Picture Day!
9/16 - MVVS PTA Ice Cream Social, 5:30-7:00p, MVVS
9/20-10/1 - NWEA Testing (Math/Literacy)
9/25 - Lamson Farms Day, 9:00a-12:00p, Lamson Farm