Using Talk to Transform Writing
with tablet technology
Raising Standards, Closing the Gap and accelerating progress for all pupils
This lively, practical and action packed day presents a unique approach to teaching writing in the primary school. It features examples of writing activities in all National Curriculum subjects ranging from History to PE. It is based on evidence-based principles, best current research and outcome-led learning where technology is used only when it provides the best tool for the job.
This course is based on an understanding of how children learn and will show you how easy it is to transform the writing process, using tablet technology, by creating an audio-visual plan that harnesses talk to rapidly transform the writing of all abilities.
This full day course will allow teachers to ensure that classroom technology is used to raise standards of writing in all curriculum areas. Throughout the day a unique and fully transferable approach for pupils to plan their writing will be applied and demonstrated as a truly transformative tool which can make an immediate impact for all pupils from EYFS to Year 6.
The approach presented in this session applies to all subjects and is relevant for Primary Schools and delivers immediate sustained and visible classroom impact.
"Immediate impact with my year class. Unbelievable!" Literacy Co-ordinator, Enfield
This course will give teachers:
- A clear and structured approach to teaching all genres of writing in all curriculum subjects
- A whole-school approach to teaching cross-curricular writing which was first presented at The National Literacy Trust conferences "How to be outstanding in the new National Curriculum"
- A bank of activities which raise standards, secure rapid progress and make a sustained impact on all young writers, even those who are most reluctant.
- A transferable cross-curricular approach demonstrating a clear, accessible progression covering: Talk for writing/ oral rehearsal, planning, drafting, feedback/collaboration and digital publishing.
- Activities which support all pupils, with significant impact on reluctant writers, pupils with SEN and those supported by Pupil Premium.
The course features the extensive use of iPad Minis, which will be provided on the day (no experience necessary.) All activities/methods can be carried out on Android tablets. although technology
"The impact of this approach is immediate and incredible" Primary Headteacher, Hull
"Outstanding! Thank you, so many ideas. Completely inspired." Literacy Co-ordinator, Chiltern Primary School, Hull
"Excellent training course, so much to take back to school. Real teachers who know what teachers need! " NAHT Delegate, Wakefield
"An inspirational and effective approach every teacher should use." National Literacy Trust Delegate, London
"Having now used these activities in the classroom children's attitudes to writing have instantly transformed. The buzz they now have found for writing is incredible. They are still fired up to write at 3:00pm on a Friday! " Michelle Randall-Harris, Primary Teacher
"Incredible outcomes. This approach supports writing and communcation in all subjects."
Speech and Language Therapist, Children in Scotland delegate.