Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
February 1-5, 2016
- A big thank you goes out to everyone who helped with our class project last week! An especially, extra big THANK YOU goes out to Mrs. Kinsley for creating, organizing, and shopping for this awesome project!
- Our Trombly Blood Drive was a big success, thanks to everyone who donated!
- Each of our students now has a "Think Through Math" account. This online math program is awesome, it adjusts to your child's current math skills, and works to strengthen them. Your child received a letter and log-in card for their account. Mr. Frakes and I are asking that every student use TTM @ least 2-3 times per week. We'll set class goals to challenge ourselves for how many lessons we think we can complete!
- KidBlog: Your post and 3 comments are due by Wed., Feb. 3rd. :) You should be using your TFK magazine to help you write the post.
- Spelling test on Fri., Feb. 5th.
- Our class Valentine's Day Party will take place from 1:15-2:15 on Friday, Feb. 12th. If you'd like to help with or donate to the party, please contact Becky Caulfield
(@ 820-3802 or email@example.com).A note was sent home regarding valentines, the note has a student roster and guidelines for the valentines. Bringing in valentines is optional.
- Our next Genius Hour will take place on Tues., Feb. 9th...your student's proposal sheet will be coming home this week, please check it out.
- Things to ask your child about: Poppy's Trial, class project, Mystery Skypes, upcoming Genius Hour.
- Just a reminder that there is no school February 15-19, due to our Mid-Winter Break. School resumes on Monday, Feb. 22nd.
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!