Mental Emotional Health: by Gracie Portagallo
- About half of psychological disorders begin before the age of 14.
- Psychological Disorders are biologically based brain disorders.
- The most serious and disabling conditions affect 5-10 million adults and 3-5 million children ages 5-17 in the United States.
- 70-90% of people have a reduction of symptoms with help from psychosocial treatments and supports.
- Stress as been called "the silent killer" and can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, chest pains, and irregular heartbeats.
- In 2009, the top most stressful jobs were a surgeon, airplane pilot, journalist, advertising, and a real estate agent.
- In 2009, the least stressful jobs were
- In 2009, the top most stressful jobs were a surgeon, commercial airline pilot, photojournalist, advertising account executive, and real estate agent.
- The least stressful jobs were actuary, dietitian, astronomer, systems analyst, and a software engineer.
- Bulimia, Anorexia, and Binge-Eating are types of eating disorders.
- In the US, 20 million women and 10 million men have suffered from an eating disorder.
- At age 6, girls start concerning about their weight. 40-60% are ages 6-12, who are worried about becoming overweight.