Welcome to Week 14
November 7 - 11, 2022
Week 14: November 7 - 11, 2022
MONDAY - 11/7
- Staff Shout Out Spirit Day
TUESDAY - 11/8
- AP Exam Fee Deadline
- Boba Sale (FBLA) 3:25 PM
- College Visit: Air Force @ Lunch in the Career Center
WEDNESDAY - 11/9
- LATE START (No Zero Period or AP Science Lab) - 1st Period Starts @ 9:15 AM
- Pet Prescriptions Visit (Wellness Center) Lunch
- Math Madness Competition (Library) 3:30 PM
THURSDAY - 11/10
- Renaissance Giveaway Lunch
- Fall Sports Luncheon Lunch
- Senior Panorama (Gym)
- Boba Sale (Taiwanese Club) 3:25 PM
- Girls Golf - CIF, Brookside Golf Course, Pasadena
- Boys & Girls Cross Country - CIF, Mt. San Antonio Community College
- Commercial Music Band Concert, Click HERE to buy Tickets - DBHS Theatre @ 7:00 PM
FRIDAY - 11/11
- Veterans Day - No School
- CIF Football Playoffs - 2nd Round vs. Hillcrest High School, HOME @ 7:00 PM
SATURDAY - 11/12
- Girls Soccer - Car Wash Fundraiser 9:00 - 12:00 PM
- JV & V Wrestling @ La Canada Spartan Scramble 10:00 AM
- Band Parade Competition - Martin Luther King HS (Riverside) 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
**To see our complete Sports Calendar and CIF Competitions Click HERE!
Hello Brahma Seniors and Senior Parents,
If you would like to purchase a senior ad in this year's yearbook, please see the attached flyer for all of the information. This year we are working with our publishing company, Herff Jones, to provide you with the opportunity to create your ad with their easy to use website. If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook adviser, Mrs. Stacy Tenace at email@example.com.
The Yearbook Staff
Hugo O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership opportunity – DBHS will send one 10th grader to this conference and cover the registration fee. At HOBY, high school sophomores explore their leadership potential through our inspiring leadership development programs. State Leadership Seminars are three-to-four day residential programs, typically held on a college or university campus. For more information visit their website. https://www.hoby.org/ Seminars take place annually between April and June.
How to apply:
1) Students need to write a 5-paragraph essay describing the most rewarding and challenging aspects of being a leader at DBHS and/or our community.
2) On a separate paper, submit a list of all activities, leadership roles, and any honors/awards received.
3) Submit your entry to your GLC, Mr. Patterson, Ms. Duenas, or Ms. Salas.
4) Deadline: Tuesday, November 8, by 3 PM
CIF Playoff Update!
Girls Golf Individuals, Juliet Oh plays in the Regional State Qualifier on Thursday at Brookside Golf course in Pasadena.
- Boys & Girls Cross Country, preliminaries at Mt. Sac. Simon Worku qualified as an individual.
- Girls Golf Team event at The Huntington Club in Huntington Beach. Top 8 gets us into the next round.
- CIF 2nd Round Football at HOME vs Hillcrest HS Kick-Off at 7:00 PM
Walnut Valley Unified School District has moved to ParentSquare!
We are excited to let you know that starting the 2022-2023 school year, ParentSquare will be replacing Blackboard Connect as the new district-wide communication platform. ParentSquare, will allow Diamond Bar High to unify all parent communication from the district, schools, classrooms, and school activity groups under one umbrella.
With ParentSquare you’ll be able to
- Receive all school and classroom communication via email, text or app
- View and download photos
- View the school and available classroom calendars
It is our hope that WVUSD's partnership with ParentSquare will enable a stronger dialogue between school & home. We also hope it will help empower everyone within the school community to stay connected and informed.
While ParentSquare can send messages through both email and text messages, we believe the best experience will be through the phone/tablet app which you can download by the links below.
You can also create a password for your ParentSquare account on your computer by clicking HERE.
Campus Safety Information
Dear Brahma Students and Parent/Guardians,
Out of an abundance of caution and to communicate important safety updates to our community, listed below are informational resources to empower parent-child conversations regarding the effects of accidental overdose of Fentanyl. Please refer to the following links to learn more about Fentanyl and to guide conversations about staying safe and making good decisions.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff Department: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- NIDA, as part of the National Institutes of Health, offers a wide variety of free publications, education materials, and videos to help parents talk to their children about drug use: National Institute on Drug Abuse
- The Drug Enforcement Administration has issued a Public Safety Alert warning Americans of the alarming increase in the lethality and availability of fake prescription pills containing fentanyl and methamphetamine: Drug Enforcement Administration
We ask that all students who see something say something. Safety and access to a trusted adult is a priority for us. Thank you for partnering with us to keep our students safe. Please call the Guidance Office at (909) 584-1405 if you have any questions.
Reuben Jones, Ed. D