St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: September 28, 2020
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
It's hard to believe that it's been three years since the tragic day that shocked our city and nation. This week, we honor those who lost their lives, their families, the survivors, and our beloved community. On Thursday, we will start the day with a moment of silence
and we will be praying a decade of the rosary throughout the day.
We have come together in reflection, discussion, and prayer. We will not forget.
We are #ViatorStronger #VegasStronger.
On Behalf of Father Rinn...
I am happy to inform you that Deacon Michael Underwood has been assigned to St. Viator Catholic Community. Deacon Underwood will cover baptisms, weddings outside of Mass and funeral vigil and burial services. He will also be available to help with Religious Education and Youth Group.
Deacon Underwood has broad ministerial experience and will compliment all the good things we do here. There will be more extensive biography in the next parish bulletin.
Since Fr. Haesaert retirement and Fr. Lentz semi-retirement, Deacon Underwood is a welcome addition.
Parent Teacher Conferences ~ Sign Up Available Now!
Conference week is coming: October 5-9, 2020
All conferences are held via Zoom. Please look at Google Classroom for the code on your particular day.
Grades PK through 4,
To sign up, click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4ca5a829a7f94-parent1
- Prekindergarten and Kindergarten: Conferences are for parents and teacher only - no children.
- Grades 1-3: Parents and teacher - your child may attend the conference, but is not required to attend.
- Grades 4: Parents, student and teacher - your child is required to attend a scheduled conference.
To sign up, click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4ca5a829a7f94-parent
It is not mandatory to attend a Junior High parent-teacher conference unless specifically requested.
- Conferences begin at 1:15 p.m. each day. From 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. appointments are designated for joint-conferences, wherein you can request, or we may require, a conference with all teachers at the same time. If you desire a joint-conference, please contact your homeroom teacher to coordinate.
- If a conference is not specifically requested, you still have the opportunity to meet with any teacher to address any questions or concerns that you might have regarding Junior High progress. Simply choose a conference day and time. Please be sure to add your student's name to the comment section.
- Your child needs to accompany you for your scheduled conference.
Extended Care is available from Noon until 6 PM during conference week.
Say Goodbye to the Heat with A Cool Popsicle Treat?! Oh YES!
Didn't you just FALL in love with our Popsicle Party!? Thank you PTO and our generous donors, Mr. and Mrs. Nguyen, for our delicious treat last week!
And OOOOOOOH that Basil! Our PTO Viator Veggie Garden had an abundant harvest of 100 bags of basil, 2 bags of okra, and a squash! I hope you stopped by to pick up a baggie last Friday! Look for more to come!
PTO Needs YOU!
The purpose of the PTO are to:
- Promote open communication among the parents, teachers, and administration.
- Provide support for the principal in his or her role as the administrator of the school program
- Promote goodwill and cooperation between and among parents, faculty, administration, and parish
- Direct and coordinate parental support through parent education activities and social functions that build community
- Help build and enhance the faith community of St. Viator Parish School and Parish
- To provide and/or raise funds for St. Viator Parish School
- Coordinate the service and volunteer programs.
We are in need of a President-Elect for PTO this year.
The president-elect shall:
- Preside in the absence of the president
- Chair ad hoc committees as requested by the president
- Perform the duties of the president when the president is unable to do so
- Following the term of office, shall serve as President for the following school year.
The nominees will be placed on a ballot for general vote. Winner would shadow this year and take over next year with board assistance. If you are interested, please email: PTO@stviator.org
This five question survey will take no more than a minute or two of your time. Your opinion matters to us! Click above to start!
Monday, September 28, 2020
- No school - Faculty Retreat/In Service
Tuesday: September 29, 2020
- November Hot Lunch order goes home
Wednesday: September 30, 2020
Thursday: October 1, 2020
- Show your support of our community by wearing #VegasStrong, Vegas Golden Knights, Raiders or SVS spirit shirts with uniform bottoms
- The children will be saying a decade of the Rosary in the courtyard throughout the day.
Friday, October 2, 2020
- Noon Dismissal! All Faculty & Staff Meeting
- Distance Learning Picture Day ~ you must wear your Dress Uniform
- Make-up picture day. If your child was absent on August 25th, please have them wear dress uniform. We will be calling them to the office for a make-up picture.
Saturday, October 3, 2020
- Blessing of the Animals, 9:00 am Church Plaza
1/2 days all next week, October 5 - 9, 2020 due to Parent-Teacher conferences!
Daily Reminders! We cannot accept deliveries....
Special Dennis Uniform Shopping Appointments
It's E Week in PK!
But, F...F...Fall is in the Air!
Help build our STREAM closet!
Since we are not able to share materials in small groups for our STREAM projects this year, we could use your assistance in building our closet for individual STREAM projects! Please see flyer below. Look for the collection bags to come home this week! Thank you for considering!
The MICAH 6:8 Program
To do this, St. Viator has committed itself to the following goals:
- To teach all students by acknowledging and responding to the learning styles and needs of each individual
- To proactively guide all students so they may reach their full potential
- To serve as Christ-like models in spreading the love for each student as a unique gift from God
- To create the most appropriate activities which will allow all students to have success within their learning environment
- To provide for on-going evaluation of each student's progress, thereby enabling each student to have success and challenge in learning
The Micah project provides a nurturing environment and the educational resources that will allow each student to realize their potential academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. Students spend most of their day in class learning with peers and a small portion is spent in intensive, individualized instruction outside of the classroom.
Please look for a special flyer coming home this week
as we recognize the MICAH program
in the second collection at church this upcoming weekend.