Weekly Newsletter - April 15, 2021
celebrating 26 years of excellence in catholic education
Theme for the Year: Hope
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a nurturing and prayerful learning environment committed to academic excellence, training missionary disciples to seek virtue, wisdom, and truth, in partnership with a community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Teaching the Mind...Nourishing the Soul
From the principal
What a flurry of activity we have had in the office these past few weeks preparing for our Annual Auction Gala, A Knight to Remember! Thank you to all the students and parents who have purchased and sold raffle tickets, and who have volunteered to help with the event... and for all of you who have donated items. Your generosity is amazing! We need your support to make this event a success, and you have truly helped so much thus far.
I hope everyone will "tune-in" this Saturday night at 6:40pm for the start of the event with a slideshow. The live auction starts at 7:00pm. Don't forget that you will receive five service hours just for registering for the event. The event is free to register.
May God continue to bless our families, our students, and all the faculty and staff of St. Joseph Catholic School!
See you Saturday!
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
Hope Bible verse for April
new saintly "HOPE" quote to ponder
Virtue for the Month of April
vor-, -vore, -vour, poly-, err-, errat-
Help Needed in Car line
save the date
April 17, 2021
Claim 5 service hours per family for registering and attending this event!
I need a good home!
Meet Bowie, as he is affectionally called at this time. He is from Timberline Labs located in Bowie, Texas and qualifies for AKC registration. The Clarks have been breeding high quality Labradors for over 7 years. They take great pride in their dogs and puppies to ensure they have the best life possible. Bowie is a wonderful pup and will make a loving addition to your family! Whether you are looking for a family companion or hunting buddy, the Clark's feel confident that Bowie will surpass your expectations.
Many thanks to Reeves Mobile Vet Services that will donate a puppy care package which includes the following:
Puppy Vaccines at their office (usually multiple sets),
Spay/Neuter (5-7 months of age) to be offered at our office
Register now for our 20th annual virtual A Knight to Remember which will take place on April 17th from 7-8pm! using this link: https://holyrosary.ejoinme.org/auction
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS FOR THE 2021-2022 School Year! Please direct your family and friends to the school website, or have them call the school office for more details.
- AK2R Event Registration is NOW OPEN! - Please use this link to register for the event so you can participate in the auction. You must be registered to bid. The auction opens for bidding on Monday, April 12th : https://holyrosary.ejoinme.org/auction You may claim 5 service hours per family for registering for this event!
- Early Dismissal this Friday 4/16:
11:50am = PK-2ND
12:00pm = 3RD-5TH
12:10pm = 6TH-8TH
Please try to stay as close to these times as possible in order to keep the carline moving. Thank you!
- AK2R Auction is this Saturday (4/17)! Tune in for the Pre-show (music and graphics only) at 6:40pm. Live auction begins at 7:00pm! You must register to attend the event. The program concludes at 8:00pm.
- Weekly Wednesday Mass - We attend Mass weekly on Wednesdays, at 8:30 a.m. Distance Learners, we are attending along with you from home! Be sure to wear your dress uniform and participate by clicking on the parish link: https://stjoe88.org/ On-Campus Learners, be sure to wear your dress uniform to school on these days. Families are welcome to attend. All must wear a mask to enter the church. Students may sit with family members during Mass, but will need to be walked back to their teacher before leaving the sanctuary.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Service Hour Opportunities
- Runners are needed the week after the AK2R event to deliver purchased items out to cars from the Art Room after school. Here is the Sign-up genius link to help: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4aa9a72ea5f58-auction
- 5 service hours per family for registering and attending the AK2R event!
- Helping with Catechism classes on the weekend for the parish of St. Joseph (details below).
- Donating food during NJHS Food Collections at Mass.
- If you are able to provide a case of water to the school, you will earn 1 service hour per case.
- We are always in need of Lysol spray.
- We are always in need of Clorox wipes.
- Liquid hand soap
- Disposable gloves
- STREAM Enrichment supplies (listed below)
- Also, you can earn 1 service hour by attending any Spirit Night and 1 hour for attending an HSA Meeting.
Every $10 you spend will earn 1 service hour. Thank you! We truly need the help.
More service hour opportunities:
Leading catechism on Saturday mornings via Zoom
How does it work?
Catechists dismiss their class once they finish the lesson, so end times fluctuate a little. We have three PK/K classes, eight 1st-5th catechism, and eight Sacramental Prep.
Classes are small. We have 3 students (the PK/K Spanish class) to 14 students each. All classes are through Zoom, and I train them, if needed. Catechists and I review the lesson on Thursday evening and Friday morning (their choice of which to attend), plus I’m flexible and will add lesson review sessions as needed to fit their schedule.
That’s it, in a nutshell! Also, I need substitutes. If they can only help once in a while. They can be added to my sub list, and they will be contacted when a catechist will be absent.
PK/K catechism is at 8:30-8:50am
1st-5th catechism is at 9:00-9:45am
SacPrep is at 10:00-10:30am
They can start as soon as they are available! My contact information is:
Direct line: 682-326-5348
Weekly Mass Opportunity
Here is a copy of the prayer to pray when one cannot physically receive the Holy Eucharist.
Home and School Association
Next Spirit Night - Tuesday, May 4th at iHOP. More details to come.
*Don't forget to give yourself a service hour in the FACTS Family Portal if you order food on a Spirit Night!
Next HSA Meeting -
*Also, don't forget to scan your receipt using the Box Tops app if you have items in your grocery basket with the Box Tops logo!
Don't forget...When away from school
Monday Morning Prayer Service Zoom Invite
This link should also be found in your family's Seesaw Account or Google Classroom.
Diane Price is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Monday Morning Prayer Service
Time: 08:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 839 3372 6239
Knights in Action!
Moments captured around campus
Displays on Campus
We have some lovely displays on campus this week, including these two! Nice work, Knights!
This week in art
What interesting and beautiful works of art we have this week! Our Knights are a talented group of students!
Kindergarten: Easter Bunny Faces – using two paper plates, crayons and creativity!
1st Grade: Colorful Crosses with Signs of Spring, Lent and Easter
1st Grade: Colorful Cakes and Cupcakes inspired by Pop artist Wayne Thiebaud.
3rd Grade: Drawing Dogs and Cats - Pet Portraits based on references, memories and imagination!
4th Grade: Heraldry - Family Crest Design: Symbols, colors and charges.
5th Grade: Easter Egg Designs on Oval-shaped cream card stock
8th Grade: Names for Jesus in a Cross-shape: Lettering in Art
8th Grade: Verbal (Text) Self-portraits: integrating words and art.
We have had all kinds of fun and interesting things happening in STREAM these past two weeks! Students engaged in Peeps House Building. Our 3rd grade is reading “The Wild Robot”. In the story, the robot, Roz, adopts an orphaned gosling and has to build a house for them to live in. Our 3rd grade pretended they were Roz and built a house using graham crackers and icing for the gosling. The Peep represents the gosling. Students also learned how Peeps are made!
Last week, students listened to the story of Easter then retold the story through sequencing the pictures into a Cross. A form of early programming.
To celebrate Easter, students used art and fine motor skills to engineer their own Faberge eggs. Students watched a documentary on the making of these special eggs, and how the Easter egg symbolizes new life. Perfect for celebrating the Resurrection!
Newly Updated STREAM Wish List
- Individually wrapped candy
- Glue sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Paper plates
- Construction paper 12 x 18
- Popsicle sticks
THANK YOU from the STREAM TEAM!!!
"I just wanted to say thank you to all of the teams and coaches for joining us this past weekend. Your kiddos are all so amazing which made it really tough on our judges. We look forward to meeting everyone in person next year!"
Thank you to Mr. Bill Williams (Advisory Council Member), Mrs. Grove (Mentor and Technology Teacher), and Mrs. Connors (Science Teacher) who helped the students all along the way. We could not do this without your support. And thank you, Moms and Dads, for allowing us to work with your children!
Please enjoy these pictures from the competition:
COVID-19 Daily Home Screening Required for Students
Parents: Please be sure to complete this short screening each morning. If none of these apply to your child, you may come to school. Please contact the school if your child is sick or has been exposed to a positive COVID-19 individual. We will guide you on what next steps to take regarding your return date to campus.
SECTION 1: Symptoms
If your child has any of the following symptoms, that indicates a possible illness that may decrease the student’s ability to learn and also put them at risk for spreading illness to others. Please check your child for these symptoms:
1. Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth
2. Sore throat
3. New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
4. Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
5. New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
SECTION 2: Close Contact/Potential Exposure
1. Had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
Many More Health and Wellness Resources May be found here
Meet our parish priests!
Join Fr. Kelley for Mass-live
Daily Mass is open to the public. Attendance limited to first 40 people. Temperatures will be checked at the door. Please maintain social distance from others. Also, the Parish Office now has limited office hours: 8-10 a.m. Monday-Friday. Parishioners may schedule Mass intentions, purchase a candle or refill Holy Water. Most staff will continue to work from home, and are available via direct dial office phone and email 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The faithful are dispensed from the obligation to attend and to participate in Sunday Mass, but not dispensed from our faith.
- People in attendance at Mass must wear masks or scarfs over their mouths and nose inside the buildings to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- All attending are to practice proper social distancing, wear masks and use hand sanitizer upon entering the church.
- The Bishop asks to be considerate in charity of your neighbor and receive Holy Communion in the hand for the time being.
St. Joseph Catholic Parish
- Please watch this important video message from Fr. Kelley: https://youtu.be/sO3CFan_kM8
- Please join the parish for daily and weekend Masses at this link: https://youtu.be/LxIRBSew1yI
- Please continue tithing to your parish. St. Joseph Parishioners may go to this link to give: https://stjoe88.org/giving
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
Join Bishop Olson for mass
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.