PARKRIDGE ELEMENTARY IS REOPENING!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS & EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
PARKRIDGE ELEMENTARY IS REOPENING MONDAY MARCH 1ST
Monday, March 1st, 8:15am
750 Corona Avenue
Does my child have to return to school on Monday?
- Only K-6 students in the Traditonal/Remote program will be returning to school
- Students in the Virtual School program will not return to school this school year.
What time will my child go to school?
Our students have been grouped into Cohorts. We will have an AM Cohort and a PM Cohort.
The following is the Cohort Schedule:
COHORT A will attend school in the morning and work independently at home in the afternoon.
AM COHORT A (Monday-Thursday):
Kindergarten: 8:15am - 10:15am
Grades 1-6: 8:15am - 10:45am
COHORT B will attend school in the afternoon and work independently at home in the morning.
PM COHORT B (Monday-Thursday):
Kindergarten: 12:45pm - 2:45pm
Grades 1-6: 12:15pm - 2:45pm
FRIDAY: Both Cohorts (AM & PM) will work at home in a Remote Learning Environment
How do I know which Cohort my child is assigned to?
You can find out what Cohort your child has been assigned to in Parent Connect under "Hybrid Cohort Info."
click on the link for instructions
Does my child have to wear a face mask?
All students are required to wear a mask
Face coverings (MASKS)/Cubiertasfaciales
Can stop video at 1:24 minutes, but the entire video has good info.
Puede para el video a los 1:24 minutos, pero el video completo contiene buena informacion.
What do my children need to bring to school?
- Water bottle
Students are not to bring any materials to and from school.
Each student will have a personal use supply kit in the classroom.
Students may carry a backpack.
Students are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle. Drinking fountains will not be available.
Will my child need to bring lunch?
Child Nutrition will distribute grab and go meals to students in both cohorts at the end of their school day.
Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify. If your family chooses to apply please complete an application for free and reduced lunch online.
Will breakfast be served ?
Please make sure students eat a healthy breakfast at home before coming to school.
How and where will I drop off my child?
The following information guarantees a good plan to ensure a safer and timelier arrival and dismissal procedure. Please go over this information with your child(ren) as well, so that they feel comfortable with the process.
PLEASE REMEMBER, OUR GATES WILL OPEN AT 8:05AM FOR AM COHORTS AND 12:05 FOR PM COHORTS
KINDER PM COHORT, OUR GATES WILL OPEN AT 12:40PM.
- Bussing – Students who are bussed will be dropped off and boarded in the first circular drive by our office. This process will be the same as it has been in the past. Students will enter and exit through the main gate by the office.
- Car Pick-Up and Drop-Off – All car pick-ups and drop-offs will be on the East Side parking lot of the school. YOU MUST STAY IN YOUR CAR! Use the lane closest to the School Curb. Have your child(ren) enter and exit car on the passenger side. The inside lane is a pass through only lane. USE THE CROSSWALK AND SIDE WALKS. DO NOT WALK BETWEEN PARKED CARS OR WAVE YOUR CHILD(REN) INTO THE PARKING LOT!
- Walkers – Walkers will enter and exit through the gate by the staff parking lot (West Parking Lot). This will allow our walkers to access the crosswalk on Corona Avenue. Parents will not be permitted past the drop off point.
Remember to please abide by all of the social distancing guidelines and everyone should wear a mask.
ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR A MASK AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCiNG. WE ASK THAT PARENTS DO NOT GATHER AROUND THE ENTRANCES OR EXITS. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
If we all follow these procedures, then we can ensure a safe and timely arrival and dismissal. Also, please, please use the sidewalks and DO NOT walk in front of moving cars. We want to be sure that we are always modeling safe practices for our children.
What if my family needs transportation/bus service?
Bussing for Kinder is only open to eligible students assigned to Cohort B
Students muss have a bus pass
You must apply for transportation services.
Transportation Services is now accepting bus pass applications for the 2020/2021 school year. Bus Pass applications will be accepted for K – 6th grade Remote/Traditional students only.
In light of the current COVID-19 virus, and in order to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff, we strongly encourage families to apply for your student’s bus pass online on the district website.
Click on the link to fill out an application
Watch the video below for important guidelines to follow before coming to school
- Screen for symptoms before school
- Bring a face mask to school
- Drop off and pick up on time
- Remain in your vechiles
- If walking, remain socially distanced from other families. Do not gather
- Respect the designated entry/exit points
- Students will not eat on campus (to go meals will be distributed)
- Students are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle
- Drinking fountains will not be available
- Playground equipment will not be available