Kolb Eagle Flyer
Message from Principal Clara Lee
I hope that you were able to spend some quality time with your family and children this break. Even though holidays are a lot of work, with the additional guests and festivities, these are the times that we look back upon and cherish. I had the pleasure of cooking for my kids who came in from out of town, and was ecstatic to hear one of them say "Mom you make the best galbi jjim (meat dish)". She then promptly went home and asked for the recipe for her Instapot. It's nice to pass on traditional dishes to your children so that they can continue to enjoy happy memories.
In light of recent events with our high school students, I want to wish you all an especially safe season. Take an extra minute to hug your kids and let them know how important they are to you.
Thank you for all you do to make each child here at Kolb successful! Here's looking forward to a new adventures and a wonderful new year in 2020.
Calendar of Events for January 2020
JANUARY 2020 – Positive Attitude
1/7 Return to School
1/9 Parent-Faculty Club Mtg 6:00pm Eagles Nest
1/13 – 17 Outdoor Education for 5th grader
1/14 DUSD Board Meeting 5:30pm District Office
1/15 District Band Performance 7pm DHS
1/16 Coffee with Principal 8:45am
1/16 School Site Council 3:15pm Kolb Library
1/20 NO SCHOOL – MLK Jr Day Observed
1/21 Spirit Wear Sold afterschool
1/22 Kona Ice sold after school
1/22 Dine Out Fundraiser at Panda Express
1/24 Spirit Day – Sports Team Day
1/28 DUSD Board Meeting 5:30pm
1/31 Character Assemblies
Kindergarten Registration for siblings of existing students
For more details on Kindergarten Registration, go to the Kolb website!
For students in grades 3rd - 5th only. Deadline to register is 1/15/20
- A runny nose when the mucus is think and green or yellow and accompanied by a fever.
- Severe congestion that interferes with breathing.
- A rash of unknown origin or contagious rash.
- A fever over 100 degree until he/she is free of fever for 24 hours without medication.
- Diarrhea - Frequent, loose or watery stool.
- Vomiting - may return to school if no vomiting in the last 24 hours.
- Severe headache.
- Conjunctivitis - red, irritated or burning eyes with watery or thick mucous drainage.
For more information on our district policy, please see our website at:
Orders accepted online only! We do not order extras to sell at the end of the year! Pre-order to assure your child will have a yearbook at the end of the year!
Effective January 7, 2020, the cost for lunch is $4.00
Dine Out Fundaiser
Check out the details HERE!
Wednesday, January 22!
- The window to apply for an intra district transfer is from February 15 - March 15 only for the upcoming school year. Details will be posted on the Kolb Website.
- If your child arrives late to school, they must sign in at the Kolb Office to avoid being marked absent.
- The first day of school for the 2020-2021 school year is Tuesday, August 11th.