The Eagle's Nest
October 13, 2017
Save The Date!
- October 20 - CC Jr. Sr. High End of First Marking Period
- October 20 - Deadline for Youth Basketball Registration
- October 23 - No School - Teacher Development
- October 27 - Picture Retake, grades 7-12
- October 26 -Blood Drive, CCHS Gymnasium, 9 AM-2 PM
- October 29 - Trunk or Treat, 3:30-5:30 PM
- November 1 - Columbia Elementary PTO Meeting, 6 PM @ CES
- November 7 - Fall Academic Awards, CCHS Auditorium, 6:30 PM
- November 8 - Columbia Elementary PTO Carnival Meeting, 6 PM @ CES
- November 13 - School Board Meeting, 7 PM
- November 13-17 Book Fair - Elementary Schools
- November 14 - Elementary Schools Picture Retakes
- November 15 & 16 - Elementary School Conferences
- November 17 - Half Day of school
- November 17 - End of the first trimester for elementary schools
- November 22-24 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Trunk Or Treat
Columbia School District is hosting a Trunk or Treat for the children of the community. Columbia area families will come together to enjoy this event.
School groups, businesses, and other organizations are invited to participate by hosting a trunk. There is no cost for sponsoring a trunk, but we ask that you provide your own candy; we are estimating approximately 2,000 children.
The goal is to have 40 or more trunks for the event. Please contact Monika Cook at Monika.Cook@myeagles.org or at 592-6641 if your organization would like to participate.
Let's make this a great community event!
College and Career Expo
Chad P. Dermyer Dedication
The Columbia School District family turned out last Saturday to celebrate the life of Alumnus, soccer player, and former Virginia State Trooper Chad P. Dermyer. Columbia Central High School officially dedicated the soccer field as the Chad P. Dermyer Memorial Soccer Field!
Check out the MLive article on the dedication event by clicking on the link below.
Informational flyers for Girls on the M.O.V.E. are available in the CUES and CCJH offices.
Nominate a Top Teacher from the Columbia School District
Every year the Jackson Magazine hosts a search for the Top Teachers in Jackson County. Thank you to the Hurst Foundation and the Jackson Community Foundation for sponsoring this program. The top five teachers will receive a combination of $9,000.
There are nomination forms available in each school office. You may also complete your nomination online by using the link below. Columbia teachers have been honored in the past by the Jackson Magazine. We hope to continue the tradition of honoring excellent teachers. All nomination forms are due by October 27, 2017.
Robotics Club information for CCJH students:
Elementary Schools: http://www.myeagles.org/District/Lunch/Lunchmenus/Lunch-Elem-October.pdf
Jr. Sr. High School: