May 9th, 2016
Celebrate Nurse's Week!! Upcoming Events
Monday May 9th NO SPECIALS-NO ASPIRE THIS WEEK, Staff Meeting Grant Awards 3:45, STAAR Grades 3-5, Progress Reports Due
Tuesday May 10th NO SPECIALS- STAAR Grades 3-5
Wednesday May 11th PURPLE 1 STAAR Grade 5, Windsuit Wednesday,
Thursday May 12th RED 2 -Learning Ally Information Meeting-Audience Parents of Dyslexia Student Library 6:00 pm.
Friday May 13th ORANGE 3- Wear scrubs to work celebrating Nurse Doug, Progress Reports home. Retirement luncheon @ the Radison. It's Friday the 13th....
STAAR INFO - PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY!
- No specials or recess on Monday or Tuesday.
- On Monday and Tuesday, there will be testing in the library and in the conference room. Please make sure that students are silent walking down the hallway. Staff, make sure you do the same near the conference room. :-)
- STAAR test administrators - please be prompt when picking up your materials tomorrow morning.
- Teachers - Don't forget the change in lunch schedules for the next few days. Please also remember to be on time for lunch as our schedule is very tight. https://docs.google.com/a/g.birdvilleschools.net/spreadsheets/d/11P7nvofl_XLMwweNzrfpB2rQbHDiVs73CL3p0Qcglco/edit?usp=sharing
- 3rd, 4th, 5th (retesters) - you may want to pick your students up from the gym a little earlier on testing days to get up to your room, get backpacks put away, take attendance, and lunch count. We will CALL you when we are ready for you to come down to breakfast. Don't forget to take a class restroom break prior to testing. All testing must begin no later than 9:00.
- Hallway monitors - Please come see me in the morning.
- The progress monitoring window for STAR Early Literacy, STAR Reading, STAR Math, and ISIP will open tomorrow, May 2nd, and will close May 13th. This is your LAST opportunity to monitor progress for all Tier 2s and Tier 3s. Of course, you are welcome to have all students complete these assessments. See Mrs. Venegas and Ms. Dotson for open computer time (there will be no available computer time on May 9th,10th, or 11th due to STAAR).
If you are thinking about retaining a student, please complete this Google Form by April 29th: http://goo.gl/forms/7845EYptxE (I realize you do not have EOY data yet, so please include what you do have.)
Getting to Know You: Mystery Person of the Week
* Born: Far to the east, but still in the US. Attended 11 public schools/5 states
* Universitied at 1 college & 6 universities, including two TWU's & UNT
* An exciting Event(s) Backpacking in unusual places
* Hobbies Include travel and outdoor activities
* Favorite Books include The Iliad/Odyssey; Blood Meridian
* Favorite Vacations: Europe; especially Paris & Interlachen, Switzerland
* Bucket List trips: Ireland & China
* An embarrassing moment: N/A
* Dinner with famous person: Leonardo DaVinci; perhaps Jose Marti; (how do you choose just one person...?!)
* Favorite movies include The Seventh Seal; Treasure of the Sierra Madre
* Favorite musical group or type of music: Eclectic; Rock, Jazz, Classical
* Like most about JCB: the large number of professionals who are committed to children
* Favorite foods: Mexican; Italian; home-cooking with fresh ingredients; steak
Email me your guess by noon tomorrow. The winning guesses will go in the drawing for a jeans pass!!
Get to Know your Colleagues!
Have You Seen This!!!
StoryKit is a multimedia storytelling mobile app. It allows users to create electronic storybooks and share them with others. StoryKit is a practical tool for teachers. They can use it to create their own storytelling books and share them with their students. It is all free and anyone can use it easily. StoryKit is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone touch, and iPad.
http://bie.org/project_search/results/search&channel=project_search&category=315&&316&ps_first=315&ps_second=316/P30also Tier 1 Project Base Learning Ideas
http://www.texaspsp.org/ Project Base Learning Ideas
- Reading Fluency Passage Generator
Want to see our page?
Want to see our page?
Text to : 81010
Text this Message: @binion