BHS February Newsletter
Liberators are learning for life!
Class Scheduling 2016-17 Coming Soon!
BHS scheduling will be held for next year’s sophomores, juniors, and seniors in February. Students will receive paperwork regarding scheduling in their English classes on February 10th and 11th. Counselors will be working with students to enter schedules February 22-25.
Academic Banquet celebrates student learning
Special thanks also to our food service staff, custodial staff, counselors, teachers, and Sheila Anderson for all of the hard work to make the event successful!
FCA Talent Show
The BHS choir department will be presenting the annual Pop Concert, Friday, February 5th at 7:30 p.m. in the BHS auditorium. This performance is our fundraiser event for the year; admission is $5.00 for ages 5 and over. (4 and under is free.)
Student soloists and small groups will be performing lots of popular hit songs from the '60's through today. All four BHS choirs will be performing songs you may know by bands/artists Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, Dobie Gray, Eddie Rabbitt, Ed Sheran, and Colbie Caillat. We also have some teachers performing and some BHS alumni coming back! It's going to be a very fun show.
We'd love to see you there!
February Calendar of Events
- February 4...........8th Grade Parent/Student Scheduling Meeting
- February 5...........FCA Talent Show 10:30 a.m.
- February 5...........CBCO Blood Drive
- February 5...........Pops Concert 7:00 p.m.
- February 5...........FCCLA Culinary Competition
- February 6...........ACT Testing at BHS
- February 9...........Jostens Class Ring Presentation Sophomores
- February 9...........FBLA Region XIII Leadership Conference
- February 11.........Jostens Class Ring Orders during Lunch
- February 12.........No School for Students, PD for Faculty
- February 12-13....Wrestling Districts
- February 15.........President's Day (No School)
- February 18-19....ProStart Culinary Competition
- February 20.........BHS Jazz Band at Festival in Springfield
- February 19-20....State Wrestling at Mizzou Arena
- February 22-25....Scheduling Process Underway
- February 23.........FAFSA Frenzy 4:00PM
- February 22-26....National FFA Week
- February 26-February 28.......BHS Theater presents Alice in Wonderland
FAFSA Frenzy helps with college financial aid
Bolivar High School will host a Financial Aid FAFSA FRENZY on Tuesday, February 23 from 4-8 p.m. in Room 102. The FAFSA Frenzy is a free event for students and parents who would like to receive professional, one-on-one help filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Next school year, the U.S. Department of Education will make more than $150 billion in postsecondary financial aid available to students throughout the nation. The FAFSA determines student eligibility for grants, loans, and certain scholarships. Completing the FAFSA is also a required step for students completing the A+ program.
At this workshop, representatives will be on hand to assist parents with applying for the FAFSA online. While parents are able to do this on their own, this is simply a free resource to help those who would like assistance with the application/process. It is recommended that you have your 2015 taxes completed prior to attending this workshop. If you do not have your tax information available, you can still come and get the process started by acquiring your FSA ID and beginning the registration process for the FAFSA. More information about the FAFSA is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Students whose parents attend the FAFSA Frenzy are also entered for a chance to win a scholarship for the fall 2016 term to be used at a Missouri institution.
Now is the time that many local scholarships are also becoming available. Deadlines are very important. Students may pick up a monthly newsletter in the BHS Guidance Center, or they may access them online at www.bolivarschools.org (Click on High School, then Counselors’ Corner, then go to the current Newsletter.) .
Hope to see you at the FAFSA Frenzy! (If there is inclement weather on February 23 and school is not in session, we will reschedule the FAFSA Frenzy for March 1.)