- The giant panda has many adaptations that helps it survive in the conditions that it lives in.
- Most of these adaptations are because of the bamboo that the pandas eat to survive.
- The most obvious adaptation to help it eat many different types of Bamboo is its 'sixth toe'.
- It has a sixth 'thumb' that allows the Giant Panda to grasp Bamboo better for eating.
- You may think pandas hibernate... but actually they DON'T.
- The wild giant panda’s diet is 99% bamboo, a type of grass that has no fat content, therefore making it impossible for the panda to store fat.