Young Adults Workforce Investment
Region 11 Southwest Wisconsin Development Board
About Workforce Investment Act
The Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Youth Program provides assistance to young adults ages 14 to 21 with employment-related training and other services in order to achieve future career success. Youth services include a core set of employment and training programs for economically disadvantaged and at-risk youth.
WIA Youth Services emphasizes the skills and traits necessary for successful entry-level employment. Inccorporting expectations for attendance and starting on time, establishing personal responsibility for being present and punctual. Encouraging work in variety of settings and with a variety of people as students work toward achieving their goals.
- Tutoring and study skills training
- Alternative schools services: diploma or GED
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, including internships and job shadowing
- Work-related skills training
- Summer employment opportunities
- Leadership development
- Supportive services
- Adult mentoring
- Follow-up services