Room 212 News #25
March 9, 2015
No School for Students on Monday March 9
March Restaurant Day Is Monday!
Gather your crew on Monday, March 9 (a day off for students) and head to Old Carolina BBQ Co. at 980 W. Eisenhower between11am-9pm. Dine in or get take-out with friends, co-workers, or your teammates. Our schools will get 10% of all sales that day. We have at least one volunteer helping out as agreeter between 5-9pm, but please feel free to assist as a greeter to help make it more of a B/P community event. A flyer is not required to participate in this fundraiser, butclick here for a reminder to get some good food for a great cause on Monday. Thank you for supporting our schools through Restaurant Day! Questions? Contact Larry Lage firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Read Read for Read a Thon!
Read a Thon
It takes 12 tickets to earn a bronze medal, 20 tickets to earn a silver medal and 28 tickets to earn a gold medal. Remember to take books in the car, while waiting for appointments or during a sibling's activities. Use the timer on the microwave, or your watch or phone. Students really love to have their reading timed and to see those tickets add up!
This is also one of the biggest fundraisers for our paired schools. Please consider sponsoring your child's reading. Challenge your student to read for a certain number of tickets, minutes, or for a medal, and agree to donate to Bryant if s/he reaches that goal!
All Read a Thon info and more tickets can be found on the Bryant/Pattengill PTO website. See button below.
March is Reading Month
- 2/27 Read a Thon begins - read for tickets, earn a medal, raise funds for Bry/Patt
- 3/11 Read a Thon ends, turn in last tickets and sponsor money
- 3/23 Wear a t-shirt with words
- 3/25 Have a joke in your pocket
- 3/26 wear your class color (to be announced)
- 3/27 dress as your favorite character from a book
Throughout the month, mystery readers visit the classroom. Sign up here:
Parent Lending Library
Healthy Snack Sign-up
Fact Power! Doubles and Helper Facts
If I know 6+6=12
then I also can learn 6+5=11 and 6+7=13
Dates to Remember:
- 3/9 No school for students
- 3/10 Field Trip - Yankee Air Museum (sack lunch)
- 3/11 Mobile Dentist
- 3/12 PTO meeting at Pattengill, 7:30-8:30
- 3/17 Report Cards sent home
- 3/18 Pizza with Principals at Bryant Community Center, 6:00
- 3/23 Science Night at Bryant 6:00pm