Common Sports Injuries
What They Are and How to Prevent Them- by Alan R.
Torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament
An ACL tear can be prevented by routinely doing exercises that strengthen the knee. Here is a link to exercises that have been proven to reduce the risk of an ACL tear by 75%.
Arthritis can be prevented by exercising routinely and especially doing exercises that build up your knees, hips, and shoulders. A healthy diet and routine stretching will help prevent this injury. Here is a link to proven strategies to help prevent arthritis.
Other Tips to Prevent Any Sports Injuries
- Do not play the same sport for repeated hours on a daily basis.
- Exercise regularly and exercise different parts of the body including your joints.
- Do not perform the same exercises on the same part of the body all the time.
- Avoid sudden pivots that are not natural to the way your body moves.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Stretch routinely, especially before physical activity.